[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - VintAxe News

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

VintAxe News

Guidelines and tips for using the forum. Registration indicates your acceptance of forum guidelines

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by VintAxe » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:16 pm

Hey There VintAxe Visitors,

On July 31 2006, VintAxe will undergo a major site update. In addition to a new menu structure and the ability to search the entire site from a single page we will be introducing a variety of new content areas. We believe these changes will give us the necessary structure to build VintAxe for the future. Of course, with any upgrade of this magnitude you may experience a temporary service disruption, especially on the 31st. Just try again, any issues shouldn't last long.

As part of our site revision, we will be increasing the price of catalog subscriptions. I just can't afford to buy, scan, edit, upload, and host the catalogs at the old price anymore. New subscription rates will be $10 for one month of unlimited access, $35 for 6 month's of unlimited access and the 1 year subscription rate will remain $50. Even with this price increase for the shorter term subscriptions, I believe Vintaxe is the most economical source of quality guitar information on the Internet. I hope you agree and will continue to support our work.

Two new content areas I want to mention specifically are the Magazine Index and the addition of a Guitar Parts Catalog section. The magazine index will list the title of articles published in Vintage Guitar magazine and Guitar Player magazine going back to when the publications first began until today. Although this section will require time to develop fully, it will provide an excellent tool for finding magazine articles concerning your favorite guitar topics. If you're like me, you'll remember reading an article about a certain guitar in VG but you won't remember which issue contained the article. This search tool will enable you to find these articles quickly. The Guitar Parts Catalogs will also be under development for a while, but as catalogs are uploaded it should allow you to identify whether particular parts on your vintage instruments are original or replacements. This is handy information for establishing values.

We appreciate your patience as we go through the upgrade process. While all major pages will be updated on the first day, it will take time to change the menu on every single catalog page. Bear with us, we will work as time and our tendons allow. Remember, you can always click the VintAxe logo on the top of each page to return to the Homepage and the updated menu.

Cheers,

steve & don
VintAxe
Site Admin

by VintAxe » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:18 pm

Hi All,

I have just finished updating the menu and format of all pages on VintAxe. Given there are over 1,000 files on the site this was no small task. Please let me know if you encounter a page with the old menu or errors. I examined a fairly large percentage of the pages before uploading but not every single page. Now that this is over I can get back to uploading content. Thanks for your support. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by VintAxe » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:19 pm

Hey Guys,

You may have noticed that I've added some Google Ad links to several VintAxe pages. I am attempting to keep these ads fairly discrete so they will not annoy you. I promise you will never endure flashing, in your face ads on VintAxe.

I would appreciate it a great deal if you would visit some of the companies advertising through these links. Each time you visit, VintAxe is paid a small fee. Although I'll never get rich from this revenue it does help offset some of the costs of keeping VintAxe online.

If you find VintAxe a useful resource, this is a great way to support our efforts monetarily at no cost to you.

Thanks for your support. I promise that all money generated will go right back into the site. :D

steve
VintAxe
Site Admin

by VintAxe » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:06 pm

I decided to tidy up the Forum a bit by eliminating some of the topics that didn't generate much interest. If you posted in one of the eliminated categories, you should now find your post under the new "General Guitar Discussion" topic.

Thanks for participating in the Forum.
VintAxe
Site Admin

Return to Forum Help and Guidelines

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts