[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Headless Guitar! Can anyone help indentify this guitar?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Headless Guitar! Can anyone help indentify this guitar?

Post here if you are not sure where your vintage guitar was made

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Guitarsandyorkies » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:05 pm

Hi,
I was hoping that someone would know a little about my guitar. I purchased it because it was unique and don't know a whole lot about guitars. I am going to attempt to add an image, but the description is as follows: It is a headless electric with a bride and pick up just like the Hondo or Erlewine Lazer guitar. The shape a little different and it is black with XK-5 on it written in white outlined lettering. It seems to have the same top as the lazer guitar also. I would appreciate any information that you may have.

Thanks,
Guitarsandyorkies

by Michael Ambrose » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:58 pm

Erlewine and Hondo had a little thing going for a while when they put out the Chiquita (made famous in Back to the Future)... but I don't think he had anything to do with this axe. I think they'd retrofit some Hondo's with Erlewine-designed tails (and heads on the headless models).

I'm going to call Hondo on this one... probably Mid 80's... I've seen other Hondo headless guitars (in various wack-ass shapes) with that identical tailpiece.
Michael Ambrose

by Bassassin » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:37 am

I'd have no hesitation in IDing this one as a Hondo - as well as identical hardware, the logo's even in the same typeface:

It's a great-looking little headless - wonder if there was a bass version?

I recently saw a Hondo Chiquita at a local car boot sale & missed it by seconds - someone got it for £20 - and then promptly offered it to me for £200! :shock: :D

Jon.
Remembering of all that is past
I see everything before me at last...
Bassassin

Return to Vintage Electric Guitars of Unknown Origin

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts