[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Sorry another what is it ?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Sorry another what is it ?

Post here if you are not sure where your vintage guitar was made

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by tadstoy31f » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:17 pm

Hello I have had this guitar for at least 20+ years now so I know its an older one. My question is what make and model is it ? There are no numbers or markings of any kind on it and I've not seen any like it on the web. Any clues or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

tadstoy31f

by Spud1950 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:18 pm

It's an Alden 9908 , made made by Harmony.It's based on their H45 Stratotone Mars. There was a recent thread about this very guitar. Check it out.

Spud1950

by tadstoy31f » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:06 pm

Thank you so much for the info and links. I've been trying for awhile to find out what make it was. Not that it really matters because I'm not selling it but any guesstamation on its worth.
tadstoy31f

by Spud1950 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:44 pm

Well, as to value, the Harmony H-45 Stratotone Mars is a very desirable guitar right now,collector wise.A lot depends on condition,but I see them going for upwards of $800 in fine condition. The Alden seems to really be the exact same guitar except for the name on the headstock. I don't know enough to say say how much the Alden name as opposed the Harmony name effects the price. Here's one just like yours for sale on eBay. You can watch and see what the final outcome is. Get yours cleaned up and in good playing condition!

Spud1950

by tadstoy31f » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:49 pm

thank you again for the info. looks like i'm going to have to fix it up a little. I really like the looks and sound of this guitar and I guess I got a good deal back when I first bought it at a garage sale. I got this guitar and an old 1955 valco oahu tube amp for 5.00. I sold the amp but I still like this guitar so Im gonna keep it and clean it up.
tadstoy31f

by Spud1950 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:32 am

$5.00 for both?!!!!! Man,did you luck out! Looks like it will clean up nicely.
Spud1950

Return to Vintage Electric Guitars of Unknown Origin

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts