[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - What do I have here?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

What do I have here?

Post here if you are not sure where your vintage guitar was made

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Dirt Rich » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:12 am

I acquired this guitar yesterday in a trade, but have no clue what it is. My best guess is that it's probably Japanese, pretty old and an obvious SG copy. It has holes drilled in the body that seem to indicate either a Bigsby-esque trem or some type of backplate. Also, the neck is a bolt-on, not glued in. The only identifier that I can find is the sticker on the back of the headstock that reads: 559 - 1412. Any ideas?

Dirt Rich

by cheepaxes » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:02 pm

Looks a bit like Teisco-made Kent and Kay SG copies I've seen before.

This wont help ID yours, but it appears to be the same guitar, with tailpiece:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-SG-style-El ... 0369595221

-Scott
cheepaxes

by Dirt Rich » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:15 pm

It's the same guitar all right, same sticker on the back of the headstock too. They don't seem to know what it is either.
Dirt Rich

by RuppMusic » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:51 am

The headstocks do not look the same between this one and the oneon ebay.

It also does not look like the Kay SG I used to have as shown on my website. I'm guessing this is a better copy.
RuppMusic.com - House of Fine and Vintage Guitars
RuppMusic

by Dirt Rich » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:40 am

Does anyone know where I can purchase the trem/bridge setup for this thing? Btw, I noticed the headstock difference too, the ebay one comes to a point in the middle. I just figured it came with a couple of different necks or something because the sticker on the back of the headstock is identical.
Dirt Rich

by rocksolid_music » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:12 pm

hi, it might be a global sg copy, nick
HI, I BUY, SELL, REFURBISH & REPAIR ELECTRIC GUITARS UNDER ROCKSOLID_MUSIC ON E BAY. INTO CLAPTON, HEDRIX & GIBBONS !
rocksolid_music

by Bassassin » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:22 pm

This is pretty similar to the Japanese-made Cimar 1905 model pictured in this 1975 catalogue:

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/exp ... id=2&now=3

However the headstock profile, truss rod cover and the model number sticker make me think of late 70s Cort copies, made in Korea.

Unless the headstock's been refinished, it looks like it's never had a brand name, meaning it can't be a Global or any other make - it's just a no-namer!

Jon.
Remembering of all that is past
I see everything before me at last...
Bassassin

by Astrochimp » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:32 pm

'57 Supro Belmont, 59 Melody Maker,
Astrochimp

by paulgubbins » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:25 pm

I just picked up the same guitar today at a garage sale with the same sticker and model number. I think the head stock on the one I got is a little bit different. Also It still has the Made In Korea Sticker underneath the model number sticker. So yours was probably made in Korea, too. Mine looks like it has the same tremolo parts as the Ibanez 1906 someone mentioned http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/exp ... id=2&now=3 . But it is missing the bar. Otherwise was just missing one washer/nut for the bridge but I found one that would work in the "nut jar". Stung it up and it plays nice. Paid $2 for it.
paulgubbins

Return to Vintage Electric Guitars of Unknown Origin

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts