[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Help me ID this guitar. (Updated - New guitar in question!)

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Help me ID this guitar. (Updated - New guitar in question!)

Post here if you are not sure where your vintage guitar was made

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by martysmith » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:00 pm

Danny Kirwan, where are you???
martysmith

by Bassassin » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:11 am

Remembering of all that is past
I see everything before me at last...
Bassassin

by 101Volts » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:05 pm

Thanks Bassassin! I'll have to keep an eye out for Hamers :)

Oh and now I have another guitar I'd like to know the name of. Someone said it could be a Gretsch.

It's the guitar the singer is playing in this video. 2:04 shows a close up of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_65Y_QDZKo
101Volts

by Michael Ambrose » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:23 am

No way in the world that's a Gretsch.

The 2nd guitarist/backup singer is playing a Gretsch Duo Jet (possibly a Firebird), however.
Michael Ambrose

by Bassassin » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:25 pm

No idea about that one - in fact it might once have been a more normal (and perhaps identifiable!) looking guitar that someone took a chainsaw to. I should know - I did something alarmingly similar to an old (and rather nice) SG copy when I was younger. And dumber. :oops:

J.
Remembering of all that is past
I see everything before me at last...
Bassassin

by 101Volts » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:51 am

It could very well be a guitar that was sawed, sanded and refinished. Here is what I can tell from the video...

It has a whammy bar.
It has a fender style headstock.
It has three pickups, The bridge being a humbucker.
It has a telecaster style pickup/volume/tone control, Or something similar.
Finally, some of the edges are too sharp not to have been sawed off.

Check frames around and at 2:28 and 3:05 to 3:14. Those are the clearest I've seen.
101Volts

Previous

Return to Vintage Electric Guitars of Unknown Origin

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts