[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Unknown Guitar 918524

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Unknown Guitar 918524

Post here if you are not sure where your vintage guitar was made

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by adamrobinson1979 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:58 pm

I reacently bought a what i thought was a cheap strat copy from my local hockshop the only identifying mark that it has is a number on the neckplate on the back (918524)

The reason i bought it was because it had and EMG active pickup in the bridge position and 2 EMG single coils, when i got the thing home i noticed a few more bonuses that i had got for my $50 it has 6 newish looking Gotoh machineheads an ebony nut, 3 x EMG tuning pots volume and tone pots, EMG selector switch, and a heavy ass brass weighted strat bridge which is heavier then any bridge i have ever seen before.

i'd really like to know who made this guitar as it seems to have a good selection of hardware in it, the other differences are that its a solid top instead of having any scratch plate on the top
it had a heap of roughly brushed on blue house paint on it which i stripped away using a dremel rotary tool and found underneath a laminated top with a solid body at 1st look it looks like all one peice but when you look at the bottom of the body you can see that it is made out of 3 peices joined togeather hidden under the laminated top.

any hints as to who may have made this fine axe that i scored for $50 as i know the hardware in it is worth alot more than $50.

Regards Adam
\m/ Adam \m/
adamrobinson1979

by VintAxe » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:22 pm

Hi Adam,

There are just too many possibilities here. In the 80's everyone made a Strat copy and EMGs were used fairly commonly in these instruments. If you can post a picture someone might recognize what you've got.

Like you said, whatever you've got it's a bargin at $50. Congrats on your great buy. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

Return to Vintage Electric Guitars of Unknown Origin

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts