[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Need help identifying this guitar.(Acoustic Guitar question)

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Need help identifying this guitar.(Acoustic Guitar question)

Post here if you are not sure where your vintage guitar was made

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by ManTuna » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:16 pm

I bought this guitar for $65, hoping to 'fix it up' or to use it as a project. It has no name anywhere. No sign of a model number or anything.

From a few pawn dealers they believe it's some kind of Silvertone or Harmony but I have no idea. It kinda resembles a les paul, but it's very thin and doesn't weigh a lot. Also, if anybody know's what kind it is, if they could tell me how much it would be worth I would appreciate it as well.

thanks.

Pics:

Last edited by ManTuna on Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ManTuna

by Bassassin » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:02 am

Interesting little guitar, never seen one exactly like that before. Just an educated guess, but I think this is a late 70s/early 80s Korean LP copy, probably made by Cort.

This is because I have seen the same tuners, truss rod cover & headstock shape on Cort-built LP copies. If you take off the control cover & look at the pots, they'll likely be full-size "dp" - branded units, these were often used by Cort. You'll probably also find that the pickups are single-coils in humbucker cases.

Jon.
Remembering of all that is past
I see everything before me at last...
Bassassin

by ManTuna » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:36 pm

You may be right..

I've taken the guitar apart before to see if there is any sign of name or anything, but I didn't even notice the pickups were single coils until now.

Any idea what it may be worth if it is a Cort?

EDIT: Don't mind the loose string, I never was good at stringing guitars. (old string anyway.) :roll:
ManTuna

by sneakypete » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:25 pm

the tuners don`t match do they?
sneakypete

by ManTuna » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:11 pm

I was wondering if it was made like that, or not.

The tuners are actually pretty bad. When I try tuning the strings it goes from being really loose, to really hard to tune.. They are probably just worn out. (then again it may have to do with the kind they are, or if they even fit correctly)

EDIT: Another thing. I don't know if this was considered a "full less paul copy." The shape looks like a les paul, but the body is really thin, and flat. (it doesn't have the curve on the front part of the body that the les paul has)
ManTuna

by Spud1950 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:55 pm

No expert, but I've seen other old Cort Les Paul copies that look way more like actual Les Pauls going for $125-$150.Also,considering condition, I would guess yours is worth about what you paid for it.
Spud1950

by ManTuna » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:33 pm

I have no idea. :/

I saw an acoustic guitar for sale at a local antique shop, I was thinking of trading this guitar in for that one if I don't think this one is worth anything.. I mean, it plays pretty bad and the action is awful (the strings are very high on the neck)

The acoustic I'm looking at needs a bit of work too, but since it's acoustic I figure it would be easier to work with. (no electrical problems like this one has)

It's called a "Bently." and it is written in gold letters and seems pretty old. I've tried looking this guitar up, but the only Bently guitars that are on the net are spelled differently. (Bentley), So I don't know if it's a completely different brand, or if they just changed their name. It has no strings, and needs a tuning peg.. The guitar is stickered for like $25, but I don't know.
ManTuna

by sneakypete » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:13 pm

it`s the Less Paul model?
sneakypete

by VintAxe » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:02 pm

ManTuna, a significant percentage of people on the net can't spell. It is Bently.

I have several of their catalogs here:

VintAxe
Site Admin

by ManTuna » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:28 pm

ManTuna

Return to Vintage Electric Guitars of Unknown Origin

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts