[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - I have no clue what this is. Alamo maybe? HELP

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

I have no clue what this is. Alamo maybe? HELP

Post here if you are not sure where your vintage guitar was made

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by stevethebassist » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:56 pm

I have this crazy hollowbody guitar from the 1960s and I need help with identifying it. The electronics are Valco and the pickguard appears to be from a Supro Belmont. The headstock also appears to be Supro and the tuners are Grovers from the 60s. What is throwing me off besides the fact that I cannot find a matching Supro model is that the inlays in the fretboard appear to be Gretch. When I bought it, the lady was somewhat clueless on its origin and said that it was a kit guitar. So yeah...it would be really cool if I could get some help on identifying this.

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr30 ... 1240183824

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr30 ... 1240185340

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr30 ... 1240185357
stevethebassist

by VintAxe » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:04 pm

Hey Steve.

This has come up before. I think when Valco went out of business someone bought up a bunch of their parts and packaged "kit" guitars to sell.

Here's another thread where this has been discussed. Unfortunately Michael took his pictures down but hopefully, he'll stop by and take a look at your guitar.

VintAxe
Site Admin

by stevethebassist » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:14 pm

Haha I did not see that one coming!!

I am that student that he was talking about!!
stevethebassist

by Michael Ambrose » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:41 pm

Hah!

Way ahead of you, Steve-o!

See you Wednesday!
Michael Ambrose

Return to Vintage Electric Guitars of Unknown Origin

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts