The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

6-string hollow electric. Looks like Hofner Beatle bass

Post here if you are not sure where your vintage guitar was made

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by tbb007 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:55 pm

I know nothing about this guitar, except that it's labeled as being a "Melody Plus", which might be a mass-produced Asian model... or maybe not, since I've never actually seen another like it, and haven't found any info online. My wife picked it up for me used sometime in the 90's, and I have no idea what she paid for it (nothing like a collector's price, though).

Hollow-body electric, violin shape, 2 f-holes, 2 pickups, volume knob, tone knob, 3-position rocker switch. The foil label glued onto on the headstock says "Melody Plus".

I have no illusions that it's a lost treasure, but it plays nicely, and sounds pretty good, and I'm curious about its pedigree.

Any ideas?
tbb007

by cheepaxes » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:51 am

I'm not an expert but when I see the chrome control plate I tend to think of Teisco/Kawaii. However I don't see anything that looks like that one at the Teisco Twangers site. It would help to have some closeups and look at the back, particularly the neck plate.

-Scott
cheepaxes

by tbb007 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:07 pm

Thanks, I'll take a few more detailed shots to post.
tbb007

Return to Vintage Electric Guitars of Unknown Origin

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts