[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - I'd like to know about these guitars.

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

I'd like to know about these guitars.

Post here if you are not sure where your vintage guitar was made

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by 101Volts » Sat May 23, 2009 11:18 am

The first guitar in question is one I saw a picture of on a record. I can read what I think may say "Panther" On the headstock although I am not entirely sure about that. It is a Jaguar based guitar and has buttons for selecting the pickups which are mini humbuckers.

http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f319/ ... guitar.jpg

The second one I saw in an ebay auction. I just want to know about the company who made this guitar, Here's a link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-SOVIET-RUSSIAN ... rms=66%3A2
101Volts

by VintAxe » Sat May 23, 2009 1:20 pm

Hey 101Volts.

The best one stop source of Soviet guitar information on the web is Cheesy Guitars.

Lord Bizarre may have some Soviet guitars in his guitar museum as well.

BigBeat at Junkguitars.com also has a few Soviet instruments in his collection. BigBeat knows more about these instruments than anyone else I know. He wrote an article for Vintage Guitar magazine a few years back on Soviet era guitars. If you want deep information, I suggest you track down his article.

I'll need to think a spell on the Panther :shock:
VintAxe
Site Admin

by 101Volts » Sat May 23, 2009 9:18 pm

Thanks again, I'll have to look up that article in Vintage Guitars magazine. About the Panther, I looked closer at the record through a mirror and I'm pretty sure it says Panther, But after the name I also saw something else. I'm not entirely sure if it is a model name like "E3" Or is just a logo.

Come to think of it, The record is by Roy Acuff. I may be able to find out what the guitar is just by looking up his instruments.

Edit: The album is from 1966. That gives us something to work with.

Here's a link to a photo of the album cover without the picture flipped over, If it helps:

http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f319/ ... mcover.jpg
101Volts

by Michael Ambrose » Sat May 23, 2009 11:40 pm

The Roy Acuff guitar looks a LOT like a Galanti I almost bought a few years back...
Michael Ambrose

by Michael Ambrose » Sat May 23, 2009 11:41 pm

HAH!!!

Found it!!!

Its a Galanti-made (Goya-branded) Panther W-2.

http://www.fetishguitars.com/html/galanti/panth_w3.html
Michael Ambrose

by 101Volts » Mon May 25, 2009 3:32 pm

Thanks! Huh, I didn't know about the W-3 model with three pickups. I have to see if I can find a store that has one of these so I can try it out! :)
101Volts

by VintAxe » Mon May 25, 2009 8:10 pm

101Volts, the probability of finding a local store with this guitar is about slim to none. I'm afraid you are destined to join the ranks of us geezers trolling guitar shops that list their inventory online or resorting to the perils of eBay auctions to find our hearts desire.

It's like being a Zombie, once you get a neck bite ...........

good luck in your search
VintAxe
Site Admin

Return to Vintage Electric Guitars of Unknown Origin

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts