[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Unknown gifted guitar

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Unknown gifted guitar

Post here if you are not sure where your vintage guitar was made

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by NoNothing » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:26 am

I was pointed here from MyLesPaul and Im hoping you guys can help me identify a gifted guitar.

I know very little of this guitar, but I know you guys are F'ing smart.

I was given this guitar for free to save it from the trash.

I know this guitar is old. My friend's dad got it when he was 15 ish. so 40-45 years ago.

I know the guitar is light, the body is very small compared to the neck. At first I thought the guitar was a 3/4 size kids guitar. But laying it next to my LP and next to my other strat knock off I see that's not the case (as you will see in the photo's below).

It looks like there was an identification sticker on the headstock that was removed. There are no other markings of identification, perhaps it was refinished?

I know nothing else about the guitar.

I am looking to repair this guitar and make it usable. I definitely have to repair the broken tuning machine. Im debating something cheapish, but my main question is, should I get individual tuners, or another set on a rail?. I need to replace the electronics, I dont think that will be terrible difficult, and I can craft a new plexi pick guard. And lastly refinishing. Should I strip
the current finish and then re-finish it? or simply plug the cracks and dings with some glue and paint over? Though, I am growing on this used and abused look, as long as it's functional.

Now the good stuff:

The post on MyLesPaul forums:
NoNothing

by VintAxe » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:19 pm

Hi NoNothing.

Your guitar is a Teisco E-110, also known as a Teisco Tulip. The Tulip was introduced into the Teisco line in 1965 and I think it survived until 1973-74.

Yours is from the middle of the Tulip era, probably from around 1969 or so. Yours is one of the rarer models with the hinge bridge and red color. I have a red one and if I recall correctly these were stained rather than painted.

All of its missing/broken parts can be easily replaced with original parts by watching eBay.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by NoNothing » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:49 pm

NoNothing

by VintAxe » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:14 pm

VintAxe
Site Admin

by auriemma » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:59 am

See... I told you this was the place to come.

VintAxe knows his guitara obscura.
--- Joe ---
Still strummin' after all these years
auriemma

Return to Vintage Electric Guitars of Unknown Origin

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts