[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Please help ID this Guitar (Poss Jap Pre-lawsuit Gibson L5)

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Please help ID this Guitar (Poss Jap Pre-lawsuit Gibson L5)

Post here if you are not sure where your vintage guitar was made

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Stormer » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:41 pm

I don't know much about this guitar, other than it was my father's and I believe he got it in the late 60's. I can't find any distinguishing marks or brands on it. Any help would be appreciated. I would like to know as much as I can for sentimental purposes. Thanks

It is also a little odd as far as size. 12.5" UB, 10" waist, 17" LB, 41.25" over all.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Stormer

by VintAxe » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:15 am

Hey Stormer.

It looks to me like you have a 1968 Aria Diamond model 1262. Here's a picture from a reproduced Aria catalog that is in Bizarre Guitars of the 60's. The picture is pretty small, but I think it is your guitar.

VintAxe
Site Admin

by Michael Ambrose » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:57 pm

WHOOPS!
Michael Ambrose

by Spud1950 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:21 pm

I think the model number may actually be 1282.Although the catalog picture is blurry,the number seemed to be an 8 to me rather the a 6. I sharpened up the image a bit and it does appear to be an 8,not a 6.

Also, I found a reference to a model 1282 R-325,1968-1970, on the Guitar Gallery Matsumoku site. No mention of a model 1262. Hollow body chart,second from the bottom model.Unfortunately,no picture.

What do you think?
Spud1950

by VintAxe » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:30 am

Great Work Spud1950, thanks for the correction. :wink:
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Stormer » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:25 pm

Thank you very much. With this guitar having such sentimental value, knowing this info really means a lot to me. In reference to this catalog, is it available in digital form on the web? if so I would much appreciate a link. Thanks again for all your help :)
Stormer

by VintAxe » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:45 pm

Hey Stormer.

To my knowledge, there is no information from Bizarre Guitars of the 60's available on the net. It is an out of print Japanese publication that is rare and expensive to purchase these days. I've sold many copies over the years for $200 each. My source for these copies has dried up but I do still have a couple of copies left on the "Books For Sale" page. Definitely a resource for the true Japanese Guitar fan and not for the faint of heart.

VintAxe
Site Admin

Return to Vintage Electric Guitars of Unknown Origin

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts