[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Help finding maker of guitar

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Help finding maker of guitar

Post here if you are not sure where your vintage guitar was made

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Michael Ambrose » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:22 am

Not to play Devil's Advocate again, but I've got one on my Teisco Tulip haha.

The Bigsby could very well have been an aftermarket addition.

There is something just so familiar about this guitar (especially that little tab on the headstock), I just can't pinpoint it!!

Could you perhaps post a picture of the back of the headstock and the neckplate?
Michael Ambrose

by Spud1950 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:58 pm

Well, Jack from Guitar Fetish doesn't have any idea what it is. I checked out some of the more obscure American guitars that he suggested,like Magnatone, Holman and Kapa, but no luck there. He thinks it may be American due to the Bigsby and, from what you describe, probably Kluson tuners.As Micheal suggests, those additional pictures might be helpful.
Spud1950

by cosmo » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:06 pm

I will ask the owner for more pics of the back of the guitar and the tuners and the plate and whatever else he can document, since this is becoming a bit of a mystery. He told me the name of the tuners, and it was a well known tuner name, but I can't quite remember. I can't remember either if he had an original case for it, but I will ask.

Happy Holidays and Happy Christmas to all! And watch out for the strong new year's punch fortified with the Stoli vodka.
cosmo

by cosmo » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:24 pm

About the Bigsby being an addition.....I remember I had a 1969 gold top Les Paul guitar that I drilled into the front of it to put a bigsby on it. I must have been out of my mind. AnywAY, the thing was so heavy I ended up trading it for a 60's stratocaster and I think a vibrolux amp, both of which I still have, but need some rehabilitation at this point. I like the stratocaster and the amp, but I miss my gold top les paul a lot, and I swear to God I saw Niel Young playing it on a video on youtube,...my Les Paul with the bigsby. I feel awful about trading it away like i did, but I guess I feel lucky to have something instead, instead of my friend who had a gibson byrdland, i think it was, who got it stolen from his house in the bad part of town. The most awful thing about the story though was that he didn't have a phone in his house, and when he went down the street to call the cops about the theft, they took the rest of his equipment, which included a couple of other rare and valuable guitars and other valuable stuff. When he came back his room was empty of all his stuff. How is that for a sad story?
cosmo

by cosmo » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:25 am

I asked the owner for some pics of the back of the guitar, but I don't know if they will be helpful. The tuners he said were made by knudsen, or klusen, or some K name like that, and hopefully he will be able to supply a picture of them. They look like the tuners on my stratocaster, but those say "Deluxe" on them.
cosmo

by Michael Ambrose » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:44 am

Just found this one on a Facebook group to which I belong...

"Jerry's Guitar Factory" custom-build from the 60's... unusual fret markers and headstock shape... zero fret... big 'ol space at the bottom where a trem could go... could be a cousin?

Cosmo, did you ever snap those pics? Has your buddy ever pulled off the pickguard to see whats in there?
Michael Ambrose

by cosmo » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:54 pm

Interesting axe, ..indeed it could be a cousin. I will
pass the word along about jerry's guitar factory.
It sounds like ben and jerry's, but they make different
flavours of guitars without ben..lol. I wonder what
you mean by custom guitar maker....like jerry would
make a guitar for a particular person or something like that?

i think he had the pickguard off of that other one but he could get
no information from it. do you think it would help
to have pictures of the guts like the pickup back
and pots or anything that is hidden? If so, he would
probably take it apart again and take pictures.
He might want some of those anyway.
cosmo

Previous

Return to Vintage Electric Guitars of Unknown Origin

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts