[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Need help identifing this LP copy.

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Need help identifing this LP copy.

Post here if you are not sure where your vintage guitar was made

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Eddy » Tue May 11, 2010 8:02 am

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af1 ... ure004.jpg I bought this back in 1982 , it has no markings but does have Dimarzio pickups.
Eddy

by mrblanche » Wed May 12, 2010 8:56 am

Does it look like a Fuji Gen product to anyone but me?
mrblanche

by Bassassin » Thu May 13, 2010 7:04 am

Remembering of all that is past
I see everything before me at last...
Bassassin

by Eddy » Thu May 13, 2010 8:29 am

Eddy

by Eddy » Thu May 13, 2010 12:26 pm

Eddy

by Eddy » Thu May 13, 2010 12:43 pm

Eddy

by Bassassin » Sat May 15, 2010 2:06 pm

Thanks for the additional pics. I'd still say it's related to the two Hondos - it shares details that I'd consider factory traits - the truss cover, the round-cornered fretboard etc. That being the case I still think it's from Korea & made by Samick, as I think the other two are.

Have you ever taken the pickups out, & if so is there anything stamped on the back? Likewise the rear control cover - if the pots have a "dp" logo then that would pretty much confirm country of origin - I think every 70s / 80s MIK guitar I've ever owned or worked on has dp pots.

I do think this is a great-looking guitar - I love the German carve around the body edge. Class. 8)

J.
Bassassin

by Eddy » Sat May 15, 2010 8:05 pm

I have had it all apart and it has no markings, only two old Dimarzio pups.
Eddy

by wietse » Sun May 16, 2010 2:18 pm

i own one like that, in black, and that one is branded harmony nice guitar with that germanized carved top and dimarzio's.

shitty pictures, made these years ago, need to make new pictures of this one soon with my new camera.

this was the first les paul model i bought i still rememeber what i paid for it, 150 euro with HCC, never regretted it, real value for money.
wietse

by Bassassin » Mon May 17, 2010 9:28 am

Looks like we're making progress! Wietse - would you agree about the Hondo/Samick similarities?

J.
Bassassin

by wietse » Mon May 17, 2010 11:49 am

possible, at that era the most korean build guitars were made by samick/hondo mine has still a model number sticker on the neckplate
H7000B, and on the headstock the remains of what once were a round QC sticker and one that could have been made in japan or made in korea.
wietse

by Mad-Mike » Mon May 17, 2010 7:16 pm

I rebuilt a Les Paul almost exactly like that years ago, it was branded as a "Global", that's about all I know, and I recall it had a Made in Japan label somewhere on i.
Mad-Mike

by Spud1950 » Mon May 17, 2010 7:38 pm

Nice looking guitars.The German carve looks great.
Spud1950

by Eddy » Tue May 18, 2010 3:09 pm

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! I have been searching for many years, trying to I.D. this guitar ( my wife has knicknamed the BEAST because of its growl ). I found it and bought for $50.00 at a pawn shop in Kentucky back in 82 , and it has been a great guitar over the years with no problems... unlike some others I won't mention. :D Thanks again.
Eddy

Return to Vintage Electric Guitars of Unknown Origin

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts