[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Unknown guitar. Please help

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Unknown guitar. Please help

Post here if you are not sure where your vintage guitar was made

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by BrylleyM » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:56 pm

Hi guys i just bought this guitar for 100$ which was originally 150$.
The neck has been replaced/upgraded.
So the neck wound do any help
Please help me identify this guitar
I live in Canada
BrylleyM

by Spud1950 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:20 pm

I found a lot of other examples of this guitar branded as Harmony H802's,made sometime in 1980s. It was probably also sold with other brand names on it,as well as no brand name at and which could have possibly been made earlier then the 1980s.It definitely looks to be of Kawai/Teisco manufacture to me. As to the neck, what I can see of it doesn't look any different then these examples.Is the top of the headstock the same shape?

Spud1950

by cheepaxes » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:29 pm

Poke around here and you'll find pictures of my Frankenstein H802. I'd be amazed if the headstock of the OP's didn't have the little 802 point on it. I've been told my multiple people that those were made by Teisco.

Edit: I just saw the OP said it's not the original neck. I'm 99% certain this started life as a Harmony 802.

Scott
cheepaxes

by DeMontGuitars.com » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:14 pm

Spud is right, H802
often thought to be part of Teisco/Kawai's later stuff, but never verified. They come up often. I'm actually parting one out now if you need anything for it.
Made in Japan
DeMontGuitars.com

Return to Vintage Electric Guitars of Unknown Origin

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts