[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Mystery Guyatone Bass

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Mystery Guyatone Bass

Post here if you are not sure where your vintage guitar was made

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by cheepaxes » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:28 pm

I attended a high school reunion picnic yesterday. The bassist-bandleader was an alum, as am I. He had a funky hollowbody bass with interesting pickups. I couldn't ID it, but I'm betting someone here can.

Wish I could embed jpgs...

http://www.scottmcknight.com/MBASS6.JPG
http://www.scottmcknight.com/MBASS5.JPG
http://www.scottmcknight.com/MBASS4.JPG
http://www.scottmcknight.com/MBASS3.JPG
http://www.scottmcknight.com/MBASS2.JPG
http://www.scottmcknight.com/MBASS1.JPG

I thought I'd gotten a couple long shots of the front and back back, but apparently not.

-Scott
cheepaxes

by VintAxe » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:18 pm

It's a Guyatone from around 1966 Scott. I've never seen that exact body shape before but the headstock and pups tell the tale.

Here's your pictures:

Last edited by VintAxe on Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by cheepaxes » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:45 am

Thanks Steve, and thanks for modifying the subject line. Hopefully that'll bring the Guyatone experts out of the woodwork with a model number/name. :)

Scott
cheepaxes

by VintAxe » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:42 pm

No problem Scott.

Here is the cousin bass I used for the ID in case you want to see the original bridge cover:

Clearly the tuners on your example are replacements. Can't recall seeing a tuner housing extend past the wood on the headstock, guess I've led a sheltered life :wink:
VintAxe
Site Admin

Return to Vintage Electric Guitars of Unknown Origin

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts