[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - help with this guitar unknow mosrite copy

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

help with this guitar unknow mosrite copy

Post here if you are not sure where your vintage guitar was made

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by ignisfatuus » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:27 pm

hi i have this guitar and i dont have any info if any one can help me will be great many thanks here are some pictures

as you can see the logo was removed but maybe a kay logo or even a kingston will fit i dont know thanks

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

ignisfatuus

by VintAxe » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:32 pm

Hi ignisfatuus.

I do not know what company built your guitar but I can tell you it was built in Japan. It has all the hardware and build characteristics of a Japanese instrument produced in the late 1960's.

I do have a concern. I don't think the neck is original to the guitar. I suspect this for three reasons. First, it makes no sense to put a Gibson style open book headstock on a Mosrite copy. I know the Japanese are known for mixing design elements from different companies but this is bizarre even by their standards. Second, there should be a nut showing in the pocket routed into the body at the base of the neck. This nut is to adjust the trussrod. Take a look to see if this nut has broken off or the neck has no trussrod. If there is no sign of a trussrod the neck is a replacement. Third, in the back view picture showing the backplate, the neck doesn't fit correctly. I'm guessing the neck came off of a hollowbody Japanese instrument.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by DeMontGuitars.com » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:20 am

I had to go look through some of my collection to double check some of these facts, but it all appears to be made by teisco/kawai, but I agree that the neck probably did not come on this guitar -- or at least was not meant to.

I have not seen this exact body before, so if i happen to come across more facts that either change my mind, or reinforce teisco/kawai I'll leave a post
DeMontGuitars.com

by wietse » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:32 pm

wietse

by DeMontGuitars.com » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:17 pm

DeMontGuitars.com

by pimenton » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:25 pm

Here the sister of your guitar!

here it said KENT

I found this information:

Kawai guitar 67-68 Mosrite model
I think for the headstock is more 67 than 68.

My guitar was bought in Chile in 1968-69

Good Luck
pimenton

Return to Vintage Electric Guitars of Unknown Origin

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts