The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Need help identifying mystery hollow body Bass

Post here if you are not sure where your vintage guitar was made

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by EBW » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:13 am

My nephew asked me to help find a bridge for this (Japanese?) hollow body bass he recently picked up in SC. We haven't been successful searching online to identify the manufacturer or find another bass similar to it. Does anyone recognize this bass or have any idea of its origin, manufacturer, age or possibly a source for a replacement floating bridge?

I posted this on TGP forum and one poster thought it was of '60s Japanese origin, possibly an Ibanez. Another poster suggested we may have better luck finding answers on this forum. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

EBW

by VintAxe » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:38 pm

Hi EBW.

Your bass was indeed made in Japan by Greco in the late 1960's. Here's a picture of a 1968 model very similar to your bass. The bridge is a straight forward wooden floating type that you should be able to easily find on eBay. Because these bridges were never attached to the guitar they are lost frequently so there are several fellas building replacements.

VintAxe
Site Admin

Return to Vintage Electric Guitars of Unknown Origin

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts