[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - need help with info about C.C. Clark guitar

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

need help with info about C.C. Clark guitar

Post here if you are not sure where your vintage guitar was made

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by lyingdead17 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:36 am

my buddy bought this a couple of years ago from a friend, who had bought it two years before that at a guitar store brand new. cant find anything about it online anywhere, it seems to be that he is the only one in the world who owns one of these.lol. if anyone knows anything about it, dont hesitate to let me know. here are some pics of it, including serial number

http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd27 ... C%20Clark/
lyingdead17

???

by lyingdead17 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:02 am

is there a reason no one who looks at this posting says anything? i mean, someones gotta know something.....
lyingdead17

by VintAxe » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:35 pm

I'm not really sure what you want to know. CC Clark is a brand name used on inexpensive student instruments made in Indonesia. They were marketed through large guitar chain stores. Guitar Center currently has a used CC Clark bass for sale for $50.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by lyingdead17 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:47 am

wow. good to know finally.lol. ill have to let him know thank you
lyingdead17

by shawnshine » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:43 pm

I just bought this same Guitar two days ago. I think the color may be slightly more orange in tone then the one you took pictures of. Could just be the light. I picked it up from Craigslist for $40. It didn't come with ANYTHING. The lady said it was her ex-boyfriends and had been sitting in the closet for a couple of years. It was missing the Tremolo bar, the high E bridge saddle, and the 5-way selector knob. Other then the CC Clark logo and the Serial number there is no other info. I even looked inside the tremolo and electronics covers on back. The only thing I could find is that the trademark for CC Clark belonged to MARS Music (the late '90's music chain that went bankrupt) according to a Trademark website and there are two anecdotal accounts that these were entry level student guitars that were subsidized (sold at a loss) to get people to come in and take expensive guitar lessons. I have not been able find anything factual on that or to get any price/model info. Here's a couple pictures of it. Out of all my musical buddies, only one has heard of CC Clark, and it was for a bass that a friend owned. So I'm pretty much at a loss on these. Still, it'll be a nice guitar for my son to learn on.

http://s1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb395/shawnshine2/
Miss my Washburn KC-40V :-(
shawnshine

by shawnshine » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:01 am

One other thing I just noticed is that mine has a different Bridge Humbucker then the one in the picture you had posted. I'm wondering now if the one on mine had been replaced at some point? I found of a picture of another one similar to mine but with a slightly different finish (looks like star-burst maybe?) and the humbucker is like yours.
shawnshine

by shawnshine » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:26 pm

I've been very curious as to what that replacement humbucker pickup was. I was cleaning the guitar and discovered that this had two extra green wires. WTH? Two extra wires? Both green? Weirder still was the fact that if I grounded the two green wires the sound change dramatically. At first I thought maybe it was from an active pickup system. But after doing some research I've discovered that it is a Barden (as in Joe Barden)Two Tone humbucker ( http://www.joebarden.com/main.php?secti ... %20TwoTone ). Pretty cool. however the entire thing was wired wrong and the soldering job was pretty ugly. I've decided to wire it up right and I'm going replace the tone pot with a new push/pull pot to take advantage of the tone feature. I added pictures to the photo bucket above. Check it out.
shawnshine

by shawnshine » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:34 pm

Well, it turned out that the Joe Barden was a dud. I ended up scrapping it and getting a Dimarzio DP197N Humbucker instead. Maybe a little better pickup than I should have put in it, but I got it at such a great price I just had to. Added pics to photobucket. Now, hopefully some lucky person will pick it up on Craigslist for $200. :D
shawnshine

by shawnshine » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:35 pm

One other thing. While cleaning it, I had it the neck off and found the manufacturer date stamp, July 1998. So she's about 13 years old.
shawnshine

Return to Vintage Electric Guitars of Unknown Origin

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts