The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Unkown hollowbody 12 string electric

Post here if you are not sure where your vintage guitar was made

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by myfender » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:59 pm

Trying to figure out what this guitar is, its pretty good condition/quality, definatly vintage 60's??
I have been all over the web trying to find something, the headstock and F holes just dont match up, found an aria with just about the exact same pickups but cant find one with simular headstock or f holes.

Image[/img]
myfender

by myfender » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:02 pm

I will add, we have had everything but the neck off and cannot find any serial numbers or any identifiying marks symbals words labels.....
myfender

by concrete_charlie » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:16 pm

I dig those gold inlays on the pickups! It's a Japanese guitar, that's for sure. Probably late 60s. As for the maker, possibly Kawai? I know the headstock is similar to a guitar I posted here in the Japanese section as an unknown guitar. Here's a pic:
Maybe the guitars are related? And it might be helpful to some if you had a pic of the neckplate...
concrete_charlie

by myfender » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:07 am

i will try and get a picture up of the neck plate but it is pretty basic chrome 5 screws.
myfender

Return to Vintage Electric Guitars of Unknown Origin

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts