The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Need help to identify a vintage Japan gtr.....

Post here if you are not sure where your vintage guitar was made

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by mig81 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:30 am

Hello, I got this gtr on eBay and I have restored it completely cause it was an authentic relict! the only thing I know about it is that it's Japan and many parts of it look to be very Teisco but nothing is labeled if not just with 'Japan'

I'd like to know something more about this guitar......could someone help me with more details to identify it?

thanks a bunch
Last edited by mig81 on Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
mig81

by VintAxe » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:05 pm

Hi mig81,

Your guitar is a 1967 ZIM-GAR. According to the Blue Book of Electric Guitars, ZIM-GAR instruments were distributed by U.S. importer Gar Zim Musical Instrument Corporation of Brooklyn, New York. During the 1960s, ZIM-GAR offered beginner´s solid body electric guitars and basses that were distributed through K-mart in the U.S. The Japanese company that produced these instruments is currently unknown.

Your guitar is pictured in the 1967 ZIM-GAR catalog pages I have uploaded in the CATALOGS->ELECTRIC->JAPANESE section of VintAxe if you are interested in seeing an original advertisement. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by mig81 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:08 am

thanks a bunch! I have a big book about vintage gtrs but nothing Zim-Gar related....

she is very sexy and sounds amazing!

thanks again
mig81

Return to Vintage Electric Guitars of Unknown Origin

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts