[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Sorrento Guitar

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Sorrento Guitar

Post here if you are not sure where your vintage guitar was made

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by grae » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:17 am

I can't post images. So i guess the admin might as well delete this message since i can't. No the sorrento is not an epiphone i ever saw. :(

Last edited by grae on Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grae

by cheepaxes » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:01 pm

Looks like some sort of Kawai to me.
cheepaxes

by VintAxe » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:11 pm

Hi grae,

You can't post your image because you are trying to use image tags for a url. You need to use url tags [url][/url].

If you use the url tags, your link to Photobucket will work.

I fixed your tags and went ahead and added the picture to your post. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by grae » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:07 pm

THANKS MAN...I'LL FIGURE IT OUT YET :) I thought i was following the directions on the "Help" page
grae

by grae » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:11 pm

The headstock says Sorrento. I'll try to post an image. :)
grae

by grae » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:13 pm

here's another
grae

by cheepaxes » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:13 pm

Grae,

I don't know if it's your auction or not but somebody has an auction on eBay right now with those pictures and the Auction title identifies the guitar as a "Sorento/Teisco." Is that the answer?

-Scott
cheepaxes

by grae » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:20 pm

That's it but what is a Sorrento/Teisco. I haven't seen any Teiscos with the name Sorrento.
grae

by jedistar » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:52 am

jedistar

by Adder49 » Sun May 20, 2007 7:44 pm

Hi Grae,

I believe your guitar was made by Hoshino Japan (Ibanez) in around 1962/3 It is very close to the 993 model from Hoshino. They were sold around the world under various names and with slight variations. Hoshino were probable best know in the US as the Goldentone Brand. In Australia they were sold as Jason and Barclay home brands for major retailers. If you go to http://www.sixties-ibanez.com/ or contact Hasy or Harry they will probably have details for you. The Jason 993 is almost identical only it has three pickups not four.

Regards Ken
Adder49

by VintAxe » Mon May 21, 2007 10:08 am

Good eye Ken, I'm pretty sure you are right about the Ibanez attribution. I have one of these early Ibanez electrics myself and it has the same body shape, pups, and hardware as the Sorento pictured here.

Grae has probably already sold it by now. It probably would have brought a bit more money if he had identified it as an Ibanez rather than Teisco. Oh well, sometimes you've got to give the messageboard a chance to work before putting an unknown instrument up for sale. Unfortunately, sometimes the more definitive information comes later rather than sooner. Thanks for your contribution. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Oregon Michael » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:02 am

Oregon Michael

Return to Vintage Electric Guitars of Unknown Origin

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts