[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - yellow axe

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

yellow axe

Post here if you are not sure where your vintage guitar was made

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by SHAYNUS90 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:44 am

YO. THIS IS The FIRST TIME I HAVE POSTED ON A FORUM SO FORGIVE ME IF I SCREWW IT UP. I have just gone and bought this axe from a local pawn shop for $90 bucks I am in Australia so that is stuff all to me. I like the sound of this guitar and it looks to be old and hand made there are small imperfections in its parts that say it hasn’t been built by a machine. though i could be rong. But I have no idea how old it is or what it is. I would like to find out can any one help me?

There is a sticker on the head that says mettam’s but that could have been stuck there by anyone there is a pic of it on my myspace : http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =164983453

On closer inspection i have dicovered the bridge is almost identical to the one on this zim-gar [url]http://www.vintaxe.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=39[/url]
SHAYNUS90

by VintAxe » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:25 pm

Hey SHAYNUS90,

Welcome to VintAxe and happy to be the first forum that has moved you to post. Honestly, the picture on your myspace page is too small to tell much about your guitar. I can tell you it appears to be well worth $90 so I think you've made a good purchase. I'd need to see a closer view of the pickup, bridge and neck inlays to tell you anything about the company that produced your guitar. If you send a 400 wide pix to steve@vintaxe.com I'll add it to your post and see if we can get a positive ID.

Here's a closeup pic of the body SHAYNUS90 sent me.

VintAxe
Site Admin

by VintAxe » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:07 am

Thanks for the picture SHAYNUS90.

I'd say your guitar is a Teisco from the late 1960's or early 1970's. I don't recognize the model, but the hardware and pickup look Teisco. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by SHAYNUS90 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:27 pm

thank you for your help if any one knows what model it is i would like that info to and i still cant explain the sticker that says mattem's.
SHAYNUS90

by SHAYNUS90 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:52 pm

the bridge harmonics are out as well if there is any way to fix this i would like know and can any one tell me what the allen-bolt in the neck is for.
SHAYNUS90

by wietse » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:27 am

wietse

by SHAYNUS90 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:17 am

SHAYNUS90

by Mad-Mike » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:53 pm

Actually, the hardware, at least the bridge and tailpiece, scream Harmony, as they are the exact same pieces of hardware used on Harmony's cheap little twin single coil $99 guitar that is still being built and sold in J.C. Penny catalogs today.
Mad-Mike

by SHAYNUS90 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:49 am

If it helps in the identification of this cheesy axe i have posted a video of it here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHylc-v7wJY
SHAYNUS90

Return to Vintage Electric Guitars of Unknown Origin

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts