[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Unknown Guitar ID?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Unknown Guitar ID?

Post here if you are not sure where your vintage guitar was made

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by bludodger » Mon May 01, 2017 1:41 pm

Hello all. New to this great forum and have searched high and low to ID a newly purchased axe. It is as far as I can tell unmarked. The PO knew nothing of it's origins or age. The Pots are JP. And the pickups look to be PAF copies. The guitar has a nice feel/weight to it but seems to be a base model judging from it's plainness.

I have attached two pics that may get a discussion started, hopefully. I have more Info and pics if need be so feel free to ask.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Attachments
IMG_20170429_124447564.jpg
Guitar Body
IMG_20170429_125131946_HDR.jpg
Backside of pickup
bludodger

by bludodger » Mon May 01, 2017 4:58 pm

Some more pics?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Attachments
IMG_20170429_124312788.jpg
IMG_20170429_125221337.jpg
IMG_20170429_125106657.jpg
IMG_20170429_125210534.jpg
bludodger

by bludodger » Tue May 02, 2017 9:44 am

More pics

Thanks
Attachments
IMG_20170502_192850721.jpg
IMG_20170502_192758315.jpg
bludodger

by VintAxe » Wed May 03, 2017 6:10 pm

Welcome to the Forum bludodger.

I probably won't have time to research this guitar much until next week but I do have a couple of initial thoughts.

Definitely a low budget model, maybe a department store catalog guitar
Probably from the 1970's
At first glance it reminds me of this Aspen LP copy.

I'll check into it next week and let you know if I uncover any information
VintAxe
Site Admin

by bludodger » Thu May 04, 2017 3:20 pm

Thanks... Definitely on first look that Aspen is the best match I've seen. Great work.

Looking forward to any more info about that model and the company.

Thanks again.
bludodger

by Mad-Mike » Fri May 05, 2017 1:56 pm

I've seen those kinds of pickups in a 1977 Aria SG Copy before - one of the older bolt-on ones where the bridge pickup is further away from the bridge and has a Tune-O-Matic made of pot metal with plastic saddles. I worked on one of those Aria SG in high school and took the pickups apart to see what was in there - that was a deciding factor in me putting 250K Pots in it instead of 500K when I redid the wiring.
- Hondo/Odyssey Paul Dean Guitars
- Harmony H-801/802/803/804/218x Series Guitar Site
Mad-Mike

Return to Vintage Electric Guitars of Unknown Origin

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts