[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Morris Hurricane

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Morris Hurricane

Post here if you are not sure where your vintage guitar was made

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by wilddogmoneyfeilds » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:31 pm

hey, just wondering if anyone is sure how these guitars play and if they would be worth $ 180 canadian. because there is one at a pawn shop, and its awsome looking. ive always wanted a jackson but they are too expensive for me. it looks almost identical to the jackson Pro Series DK2M Dinky with the shark fin inlays. it has a floyd rose but missing the actual bar for it. probably not har to pick one up. I would just like to get some of you tell me if you have ever came across one, or have played one. thankyou
wilddogmoneyfeilds

by VintAxe » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:35 pm

Hi wilddogmoneyfeilds,

I've never played a Morris, but they appear to be decent quality for a budget guitar. Morris has been making guitars in Japan since the 1970's so they are a brand that has been around for awhile.

Is this a HC review for your guitar?

The guy in the review claims to have purchased his for $12 USD. I suppose it is possible, but that would be a once in a lifetime deal. Given his spelling/typing he could have easily intended to type $120. A price of $180 Canadian sounds reasonable to me if it is a body style you like. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Bassassin » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:16 am

Morris guitars are made by Moridaira, I've had several under different brands - my main recording guitar for about 20 years was a Hohner-branded Washburn Wing lookalike, built by Moridaira, and it's only been temporarily retired now because it needs a refret.

I've never seen the particular guitar you mention, but it the brand has a good reputation. I think you should give it a try - if it plays as good as it looks, it sounds like a fair price to me - and pawn shops are often willing to haggle a bit so you might get it for less. :)

Jon.
Remembering of all that is past
I see everything before me at last...
Bassassin

by wilddogmoneyfeilds » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:11 am

hey, i bought it a couple days after i first saw it. plays great, its got a thicker neck, which is kinda hard to get used to since all the guitars i have have really thin necks. quite resonant when played unplugged. probably the easiest guitar i have ever played to do pinch harmonics on. the floyd deffinatly wasnt a floyd, some cheap knockoff. buy other than that it was a good buy.
wilddogmoneyfeilds

Return to Vintage Electric Guitars of Unknown Origin

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts