[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Hondo II gibson les paul neck

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Hondo II gibson les paul neck

Post requests for guitar parts needed for your restoration or parts you have available for sale

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Elicious » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:58 pm

Hi guys, I am seraching for a HONOD II gibson les paul neck in cherry burst colour. Model was from late 70s / early 80s. It was made in Korea and the case sticker reads HC1007.

This was the guitar I learnt to play on and was given to me by my brother. When I was young it fell off the strap while jam with my first band. The neck snapped off and broke when the guitar huit the floor. So the guitar has sentimental value forme hance why I am searching for a replacement neck.

Does anyone have a clue as to where I might find one?

Any information at all will be a great help.

Thanks guys.
Elicious

by blueskruz » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:27 pm

"Guitars keep you alive . . ."
blueskruz

by blueskruz » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:41 pm

Elicious . . . I don't mean to be a wise-guy, but a competent luthier may be able to repair your neck if it is simply broken. Just like seeking doctors care, check with 2-3 guitar-fixers before committing to an expensive repair ! Don't let The Boogie Man give you a line of s--t. Handing a competent luthier a guitar in two pieces does not intimidate the pro's . . . Even though your Hondo II is 30-some years old, those are VERY nice guitars. If you can get it repaired for around $200 bucks, go for it !

Good luck -------- The Blues Kruz
"Guitars keep you alive . . ."
blueskruz

by Elicious » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:12 pm

Hi Blueskruz, Thank you so much for taking the time and making the effort to help me out here.
I am checking periodically though I must admit it hasn't been daily, more like 2-3 times a week. I can tell you the neck is 18.3" (46.2cm) long to the nut. I'll check out the screw spacing. I have found a couple of 70's hono II guitars on the net and am looking into them as I write. I have had no luck with just a neck!
With my hondo II the head has completely snapped off the neck but I will check to see if this is repairable - thanks for the tip.
I have been chatting with demont guitars in chicago (heard of them???) and he seems to be an aficionado of the hondo guitar!
I know they a very nice guitars and this one specifically has big sentimental value to me so I will not rest until it is retored to its former glory.
Keep you posted....
Elicious

by DeMontGuitars.com » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:21 pm

DeMontGuitars.com

Return to Guitar Parts Needed or For Sale

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts