The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Arbor G517 - parts question

Post requests for guitar parts needed for your restoration or parts you have available for sale

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by buck1107 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:12 am

I've got an Arbor G517, and it's just a beautiful guitar. For some reason I keep coming back to it...the feel of it and the offset/weight are almost incomparable for my playing.

While I remember when this guitar was in production, trying to find any info on it now is quite difficult! Is it a Matsumoku? The current "Arbor" company is now several changes in ownership away from that of the 80s, so I haven't been able to find any leads on parts.

Does anyone know about the "Rock-Lock" tremolo (quite a bit like a surface-mounted Kahler)? One of my bridge saddles has a crack in a weak area and I need to replace it. I would really like to "stay original" with replacement parts, if possible, although I'm not sure about repairing a broken metal part such as this. I've included a photo (I've removed all but one saddle for a clearer view of how it mounts).

Thanks for any leads. :)

buck1107

Return to Guitar Parts Needed or For Sale

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts