[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Can anyone please tell me what kind of guitar this is please

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Can anyone please tell me what kind of guitar this is please

Post requests for guitar parts needed for your restoration or parts you have available for sale

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by horribledeath18 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:33 am

Can anyone please tell me the model name or model number to this guitar please? I know it's a SEKOVA 12 String and I want to refinish this guitar but I need parts and different things for it but I need to know what kind of model it is and I can't find anything for it on the internet but all I know is that it’s a SEKOVA 12 String guitar and its red and black. The links to the pictures of the guitar are below. PLEASE HELP!

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p39/ ... ure001.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p39/ ... ure003.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p39/ ... ure004.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p39/ ... ure002.jpg

Would anyone be able to tell me where I can get parts for it like a website I could go to or do you know someone who I could buy another guitar off of or parts off of for my SEKOVA guitar? If so please help!
horribledeath18

by VintAxe » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:54 pm

Hi HD18,

Exactly what parts do you need for this instrument? From the pictures the only piece obviously missing is the bridge. The good news is this instrument uses stock Japanese parts from the era which you can find on eBay if you have patience. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by horribledeath18 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:46 am

What would I search for on Ebay so I try to find some of those parts? The parts that guitar is missing are the bridge at the bottom where the strings lay on it and it's missing a knob that holds that metal piece over the bridge and it's missing the ivory or plastic nut on top and its missing a string peg on the left side of the tuners and its missing a couple of those small metal rings that keep the pegs in place and its missing the screw and gear to turn that peg.
horribledeath18

by VintAxe » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:49 pm

Hey HD18,

As far as searching eBay, just go to the Homepage and scroll down the lefthand menu intil you find Musical Instruments. On the following menu find Guitars -> Electric -> Parts and Accessories. Search in this boneyard for the stuff you need.

I may be able to help you with some 12 string parts since I have a late 60's Kawai 12 string I am parting out. Your Sekova was also built by Kawai so it's possible I might have parts you need.

Let's talk about the bridge first. The original on your guitar was probably either the straight bar or the compensated. They would look something like this:

Straight Bar

Compensated

I have the 12 string compensated version. Let me know the distance between the center of the 2 bridge posts on your guitar and I can tell you whether it will fit or not.

As far as the nut, you should probably have a new one cut by a luthier, but if you want an old one let me know the width of the neck at the nut mount and I'll check mine to see if it will work.

Tuners shouldn't be a big problem to acquire although the bushings can be a pain to find. I can't tell what you have from your pictures. Post a picture of the back of the headstock so I can see what the tuner covers look like.

This is a start, get back to me with some info. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by horribledeath18 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:54 am

The distance between the two bridge posts is a little under 3 inches and the width of the neck at the nut mount is about a half of an inch. Below is a bunch of new pics for you. The first picture is the shield thing that goes on the back 2 posts and one of the screws that go over where the strings first come through. I am missing one of the screws to keep that tight to the guitar. If you need anymore info for this just let me know

horribledeath18

by VintAxe » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:41 pm

Hey HD18,

The parts situation doesn't look good. My guitar is an Electric-Acoustic.

The bridge doesn't have posts, it mounts directly to the top with 4 screws.

The nut on this one is 1/2 inch wide and 1 5/8 inch across. This might work for you.

The tuners have plastic heads rather than the metal heads on your guitar.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, I just didn't remember the specifics of what I had until I pulled it out of the pile.

Good luck on your parts search, sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by VintAxe » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:46 pm

Forgot to mention.

The tuning gears have 14 teeth in case this is of any help. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by horribledeath18 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:12 pm

Ok man thats ok would you be able to tell me how much my guitar is worth and do you know anyone who would like to buy it off of me or where I could sell it at?

Thanks,

Jimmy
horribledeath18

by VintAxe » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:35 pm

eBay is about the only place to sell a guitar in this condition. An auction is probably the best way to establish the guitar's value. good luck. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

Return to Guitar Parts Needed or For Sale

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts