The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Apollo MIJ neck, nameplate and tremolo bar

Post requests for guitar parts needed for your restoration or parts you have available for sale

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by niedermee » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:39 am

I'm looking for a neck for my 1960's Apollo hollowbody. The one I have is warped. These are laminated.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (13.15 KiB) Viewed 9238 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
niedermee

by VintAxe » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:39 pm

Hi niedermee.

Your Apollo came out of the Fujigen Gakki factory in the later 1960's. Finding a neck will be tough but not impossible. Many Fujigen guitars were imported into the US. The most popular brand name used on these imports was Greco, but they were also sold as Apollo, Sekova, Domino, Encore, Merlin, Fiama and Heit just to name a few. The laminate neck construction started in 1967 so you are looking for a late 60's-early 70's neck. You probably will not find an exact match for your fender style headstock shape since most of the Fujigen hollow bodies used 3 on side tuners.

Be prepared for a long search, there are a lot more bodies than necks out in the market.

I have a suggestion assuming you have no emotional attachment to this particular instrument. Consider parting out the body you have and using the money to buy an intact Fujigen built hollow body. The parts used on your guitar should be in demand since many similar instruments still exist. Generally, these 60's Japanese imports are worth more in parts than intact instruments so you might be money ahead to salvage whatever value you can out of the body and shop for a different guitar.

good luck with your search, sometimes a fish bites on the first cast :)
VintAxe
Site Admin

by niedermee » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:08 pm

Sounds like a good idea. Thanks.
niedermee

by niedermee » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:16 pm

Alrighty, just at got some quotes from
Folks for replacement parts and they were ridiculously priced. Where do you think the best market is to sell if I were to part it out?
niedermee

by niedermee » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:18 pm

Given that there's no name on the body, a suppose a different neck wouldn't make any difference. I'll continue to keep my eyes open for a little bit before parting her out.
niedermee

by VintAxe » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:05 pm

Hey niedermee.

If you know the value of your parts and you want top dollar, Reverb.com is your best bet.

You can let demand determine the value of your parts by listing them on eBay but the bay will want a big bite out of your selling price.

No problem with hanging onto the body and looking for a neck, the pieces you own are not getting any cheaper and a neck might show up for $75 or less if you are willing to do a weekly search on eBay. Just make sure the neck you buy is better than the neck you own.

Let us know how things turn out.
VintAxe
Site Admin

Return to Guitar Parts Needed or For Sale

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts