[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Rare Schecter Genesis G6 Illusion. Value?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Rare Schecter Genesis G6 Illusion. Value?

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by mrdavidadenton » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:50 pm

I have what appears to be a Genesis G6 Illusion from Schecter.

It is black with gold colored hardware and has plenty of cutouts.

SN is A1919 and is believed to be 1985. VG to Exc cond.

Does anyone have an idea of it's value? I think it is kinda rare. Ideas on where to sell it or buyers?

Thanks,
DD
mrdavidadenton

by VintAxe » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:24 pm

Hi David,

I don't recognize your specific model of Schecter and it is not listed in any on my Price Guides.

I'm thinking it is sorta like the Guild X-100 Bladerunner from this same time period. Check out a picture of the Bladerunner in the first post here:

If your guitar is in this style, maybe we can use prices on the Bladerunner as a basic guide to what your guitar may be worth. According to the Blue Book, the value of a Bladerunner in Excellent to Very Good condition falls between $1,700 - $1,500. Chances are the Guild will be valued a little higher than the Schecter just due to the fact it was marketed by a traditional American guitar company, but this should give you a place to start when considering value.

These cut-out guitars will always be associated with mid 1980's style and should be collectible due to their signature design.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by mrdavidadenton » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:34 am

Thank for for the well reasoned review. I can't find any 'book' values either, but I would like to think it is comparable with the Guild you mentioned. I would be tempted to sell it at that price (I am a player and not a collector) and I would probably buy a cheaper axe with part of the money.
mrdavidadenton

by darthyahya » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:14 pm

lailahailla ALLAH
darthyahya

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts