[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Burno lap steel

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Burno lap steel

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by albertadude » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:55 am

As with all newbies this is my first post.

My question is this, my dad was a pedal/lap steel player, and when he passed this year he passed on his vintage Bruno Conqueror Model HG-96C with the case it came with...And I am also taking leasson on it. And the music store owner said i should check into this lap as he has never seen one, let alone one in great shape and sounding like brand new..any info would sure help.

The other lap steel (i know this is the wrong heading topic) is a very early frypan Rickenbacker Lap Steel..there is no serial # close to or around the jacks, and there is no cover (sorry for not knowing the term) where the strings get attached to behind the pickup. and is missing the name plate at the top of the head...

Again any info on both lap steels would be helpful

Merry Christmas & Happy New Years

Brent

PS.
Any one heard of a Lap steel guitar tearcher in Edmonton, Alberta Canada?
albertadude

by Spud1950 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:30 am

The Rickenbacker frying pan is easy,as it is one of the holy grails of lap steels. They came on the market sometime in 1932 and were produced until sometime in 1958. Beside being sought after for their unique tone, they are considered to be the first true electric guitar ever made. There are two models.The A-22,having a scale length of 22" and the A-25, having a scale length of 25". Depending on condition and age, they can be quite valuble. Here's a beautiful A-22 that sold at Elderly Instruments.

Here's some general info. You can use Google to find lot's more info on the net.

The Bruno is a tough one. I seem to remember seeing something about them on the net or seeing one on eBay, but Google turns up nothing about them. What I suggest is that you join the lap steel forum below. It cost $5 to join, but the info you'll get will be more then worth it. The members are very well known players and quite expert about the instruments. You can take pictures of your steels and post them. I'm sure someone there will know about the Bruno. You may very well also get info on where to get the parts you need for the Ricky. A lot of these guys do really great restorations on old lap steels and someone may even have what you need. Take a look at the site. You can browse without joining, but you can't post. Real interesting steel stuff here.

(Darn it. I'm having that url link problem again. Sorry!)

Edit - Aha! I knew I had seen something about Bruno and here it is. Bruno was an outfit that sold guitars made for them by many various companies on which they would put the Bruno brand name .Some Bruno lap steels were actually made by Guyatone in Japan. Here's a thread from the Steel Guitar Forum. Does yours look like any of these? Be sure to click on the eBay link for the Guyatone Conqueror lap steel a few posts down.

Spud1950

by albertadude » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:49 pm

Spud thank you so much for the all the info, I will check out the links once i am out of camp work
albertadude

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts