[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - [76] ALVAREZ ACOUSTIC

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

[76] ALVAREZ ACOUSTIC

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by russelldl » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:29 pm

I purchased this guitar in 1976 at a music store in china lake california.
My time in the U.S.N. was about up and i wanted to take this little axe home with me.
I have tried to look up it's current value to no avail. model no# does not show any where in any of the pawn shop or music store "blue books " . No where on Ebay do I find one for sale . I have contacted Ovation Guitars Who now own Alvarez Guitars and get a perfect description of my "Baby" and an accurate price that was paid for it, but am told she was not born until 1977. When I purchased this guitar I was told by the owner of the store this was a prototype of a guitar to be built for the great Chet Atkins. { The plot thickens} This is possibly the reason for the lack of accurate info an this Alvarez guitar???? Would any one out there in vintage axe land have a source of reasearch that could bring this 30 year old mystery to an end.

without a picture to show you all ' I can tell you she looks exactly like the current Alvarez pro line guitar $900.00 value new .
Bill
russelldl

by VintAxe » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:48 pm

Hi Bill,

I don't know a thing about your particular instrument, but Alvarez acoustics are listed in my 2005 Vintage Guitar Price Guide. They don't list individual models (there are just too many) but they do price by decade and quality. The highest price they have on any of their flat tops is $500-$600. This instrument has abalone inlay and real maple binding.

Without knowing more about the actual construction of your guitar this is probably the best I can do. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by russelldl » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:38 am

Hi sb

Thanks for your responce . I can give you a little bit of information on the construction of this Alvarez.
the back and sides flame Indian rose wood
the top spruce . upon close observation it looks to be laminated.
the binding is of cream colored [ plastic]? with abalone inlay all around.
the sound hole rosett is inlayed abalone also
the neck is mahogany , frett board rose wood, theabalone inlay on the
frett board is done in an vine pattern. I was told it was called the " tree of life".
the head stock has an abalone mirror image alvarez A

originally the tuners were a rather cheep gang [in line] set . in 1983 while working on the Kodiak Alaskajunior high school , I had a set of shaller tuners put on.

If this sheds any more light on the subject , please keep me posted on any other information you might find.
Oh, by the way the model # is #5056 serial # 7113.

thank you again Bill
Bill
russelldl

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts