[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Phil Pro Bass

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Phil Pro Bass

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Ironmunky » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:34 am

I don't know the model, hard to find any info about Phil Pro. Body is black with a natural finish in the center. I bought it when I was stationed in Korea, the seller didn't want to sell it to me because I was american, don't know if that is a good thing or bad. It is in excellent condition, very beautiful, tuning pegs as well as all the other metallic parts are all soild brass. I can only assume it is rare being that the company is no longer making guitars and only made them during a brief period, but I don't know.
Ironmunky

by frankpaush » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:12 pm

a picture tells more than a thousand words ... :lol:
frankpaush

by NeonsamE » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:32 am

Does anyone know the price of this phil pro bass guitar:

NeonsamE

by VintAxe » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:26 pm

Hi NeonsamE.

Phil Pro instruments were made in Korea in the 1990's and were reasonably well built. They were mostly entry level so prices were pretty low to begin with.

Here is the issue I see with your bass. It is possible to buy a new Fender Squire Jazz bass copy on eBay for $240. Used Fender MIM Jazz bass copies can also be obtained at around this price.

Phil Pro has no name recognition in the US since I don't believe they were ever imported here. I don't see anyone paying more than $200 for your Phil Pro when they can buy a brand new entry level Squire for $240. I can't compare the quality of your Phil Pro to a Squire since I've never seen a Phil Pro in the flesh but quality claims are likely to have little impact on a novice bass player anyway. They are more likely to be swayed by New versus Used.

So, I have no objective price information for you, but my feeling is you will have a difficult time getting more than $200 for your bass. Depending on where you live it could be a little more or a little less. The only Phil Pro bass I have found for sale was located in South Africa and they wanted $440 for the bass plus a small amplifier and accessories.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Ande » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:42 pm

Ande

Never let them take you alive
Ande

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts