[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - 1970 Mustang 500 (Strat Copy)

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

1970 Mustang 500 (Strat Copy)

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Mustang500 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:37 pm

I found this guitar at a local pawn shop. It is a Strat copy I think Japanese. The headstock has a plastic name plate that says Mustang 500 with a pic of a horse. Anyone have any Idea what , where and when on this guitar. I can't find any info anywhere and have not found another one anything like it. The only thing I have done is had it refretted because the frets were wore down pretty bad and I had the tuning keys replaced (Wouldn't stay in tune) with Gotoh brand machine heads. Plays like a dream now. Had it set up and refretted by a luthier that used to work for Martin guitars.
I have pics if that would help.
Thanks Tom
Mustang500

by Spud1950 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:47 pm

I can't find any reference to a Mustang 500 Strat copy anywhere.Let's see some pictures.
Spud1950

by Murphguitarfan » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:00 pm

The Mustang 500 guitars were made in Italy during the 60's. I think they were made by Goya.
Murphguitarfan

by Murphguitarfan » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:15 pm

I could not find a picture of the actual Mustang 500 on this website. I think that they look like this green Contessa guitar.
http://www.fetishguitars.com/html/zeros ... ssasb.html
Murphguitarfan

by Mustang500 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:20 pm

Mustang500

by Mustang500 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:22 pm

Mustang500

by Mustang500 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:59 pm

Mustang500

by Mustang500 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:33 pm

Mustang500

by Spud1950 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:47 pm

I'm just curious to see what it looks like. As far as getting actual info on who may have produced it, I would suggest that you contact Jack Marcahal at the Fetish Guitar site. His email address is here.He's way more knowledgable then I am.

I sent him an email with the picture of the mystery guitar in this thread and he was kind enough to respond. I posted his answer here.

Spud1950

by Mustang500 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:43 pm

Mustang500

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts