[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - 1979 eko C 29 S

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

1979 eko C 29 S

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by logga » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:04 am

hello, i recently inherited a beautiful electric guitar from my grandfather. I dont know much about it, i have searched the internet without much luck & wondered if anyone on here might know its value?

All i know is that it is an Eko C 29 S, it is italian & was produced around 1979 (possibly earlier?) My Grandfather bought it in the early 1980's & he paid £279 for it.

I do not want to sell it but am very curious to find out its value. It is in mint condition and feels and sounds lovely to play.

I would love to hear from anyone who knows about Eko guitars. I have emailed Eko & sent them some photographs & await their reply.

logga

by VintAxe » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:36 pm

Hi logga,

I don't know much about these early 80's EKO semi-acoustics but Jack Marchal at the Fetish Guitars site can probably tell you something. He has a 1982-83 EKO catalog posted that pictures a Model C29sb so I think your late 70's early 80's date attribution is about right.

Here's a link to the catalog page:

Jack might be interested in posting pictures of your guitar on the website. I think you will get much more help from him than the current EKO company. I think they essentially purchased the rights to the brand name and really don't have much connection to the original company. Although some current EKOs are still built in Italy, many of them are built in the Czech Republic, Asia or Spain.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by RuppMusic » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:51 am

That's one of the nicest EKO's I've seen.

Very Cool.
RuppMusic.com - House of Fine and Vintage Guitars
RuppMusic

by logga » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:40 pm

Hi guys,

Thanks for posting that link, my guitar looks exactly the same as the one shown on there! I took it to a guitar dealer & they more or less told me the same thing about Eko. I was told that after 1979 they produced gitars in checozlavackia (excuse spelling lol) and as mine is italian they thought it was around 79 possibly earlier? But that website says its 82/83. It also says "an impressive instrument" oh how true, i feel VERY lucky to have inherited it & i know my grandad would be pleased it was still in the family.

Its a small old world because i emailed Jack on weds 15th april & await his reply.

Will keep you posted, thanks again :)
logga

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts