[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Fender 11-56 on the bottom of the neck

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Fender 11-56 on the bottom of the neck

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Fulleffect » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:17 pm

Hi, someone gave this to me when I was a kid (stickers, haha i was young :() - was sittin around in storage and my mom decided to take it to a guitar place to see if it was worth anything

From what they said, the body is nothing but the neck+ is worth something? They were trying to get it from her for 700-1000, or something, but I figured other opinions would help! Pictures / guitar not in the best condition, i know :P it says 11-56 on the bottom of the neck, did not come out too well..

Fulleffect

by Spud1950 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:12 am

The neck was made December of 1956.Yes,the Teico body isn't worth much,but they wanted that neck and they tried to get it real cheap.That neck is way more valuble then that, but it is not in original condition, so it has some value loss. It's missing a good part of the decals. Another factor that would de value it is if extra holes were drilled in order to mount it on the Teisco body. Condition is big determination of value.So what's it worth? Strat's of that vintage are very valuble,not only complete guitars,but the also the individual parts. Here's a 1956 Strat that was appraised by Gruhn at $55,000. It's in all original condition.

Here's some vintage Strat necks for sale Eddie Vegas.He's a major seller of vintage guitars and parts. First one is a 1956.

Here's a few that are of different years,but close to yours in age.

Best thing you can do is to get the neck appraised by someone who is expert in vintage Fenders and not someone who is going to lowball it because they want to buy it from you for cheap.Of coarse,an appraised value is one thing,finding someone willing to pay the price is another matter.If that neck were mine,I'd be quite comfortable asking $4500-$5000 for it. Hope this helps you out a bit.

Darn it, having that link problem again. Don't know why it happens.Sorry!
Spud1950

by Fulleffect » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:11 pm

Hey spud, thanks for the quick reply

been poking around the internet and your links, is it possible it's a musicmaster? the decal being messed up makes it hard to place, i've looked at both strat and mm necks and it looks like a diff placement from either of them

is there any definitive way i can check? or you can just tell from what you've seen?

thanks again
Fulleffect

by Spud1950 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:51 pm

DOH! :oops: Yeah, I forgot to consider the scale length. The Teisco body would need a shorter scale length neck then a 25.5" Strat neck. Could be off a Music Master or Duo-Sonic .They both shared the same necks.You can check. Measure the distance from the face of the nut to the middle of the 12th fret and double it.That will give you the scale length. Check out this link.In 1956 the Musicmaster or Duo-Sonic came with a 22.5" scale neck.
Spud1950

by jeff mercer » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:47 pm

Hey, guys,

The scale length will tell the story, but the other tip-off is the plastic buttons on the Kluson tuners, which only appeared on Musicmasters & Duo-Sonics ( and later on, Mustangs & Broncos ).
jeff mercer

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts