[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Univox Deluxe - I Think

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Univox Deluxe - I Think

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by pushin50 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:59 pm

Hi All,

Total newb to the forum. Love what's on here. Great guitars and great info.

I have what, I think, is a Univox Deluxe. I bought this, new, in 1980 or 1981 at a music store in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. Got an unexpected back vacation-pay cheque from a Summer job and managed to hang on to it for the full 15-minute walk to the music store. :)

I have been playing this ever since. It's been well cared for and remains my playing guitar today. I have made only two mods: first, I had a brass nut installed when I bought it and, second, I hated the pick guard and removed it. I've moved since and the pick guard has gone the way of things that go away.

As you can see from the photos, it has a few paint dings on the headstock (beer plus late-night playing plus basement ceiling) and a paint chip gone from close to the rear strap button. While the photos don't show it (didn't notice until after I took pics but will add a pic if requested), there are a couple of paint stress lines running front to back, again on both sides of the rear strap button. Those appear to be join lines of the body wood pieces. Otherwise, the original finish is in excellent shape.

Finally, as you can imagine after 30 years of on-and-off playing, there's some wear on the fret wires. The fingerboard is still in fine shape. Electronics are also original and fine - nice growl through Vox AD30VT.

Would appreciate any help on the value of this. Oh . . . and greetings from the shores of the North Atlantic (well, OK, Bay of Fundy for purists).

Thanks!

Seize The Fish!
pushin50

by cheepaxes » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:31 am

Univox made a ton of LP copies with different model names. I see lots of them on eBay -- they're not particularly rare. My recollections is that they go for $250-350. Since there are a lot of them, you can probably find some recent sales to confirm or deny my estimate. The only Univox that seems to be worth much more is the Hi-Flier, due to the Kurt Cobain connection. People will pay some decent money for their set-neck LP Jr copy too.

I assume you're aware of Univox.org?

-Scott
cheepaxes

by pushin50 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:51 am

Seize The Fish!
pushin50

by pushin50 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:03 pm

Seize The Fish!
pushin50

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts