[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Looking for prices on a kay, a harmony, and a Hondo II.

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Looking for prices on a kay, a harmony, and a Hondo II.

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Not Steve » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:05 am

Hi, I have a few guitars that I would like priced (more for reference, so I know if I overpaid more than anything else), and if anyone could offer any extra info that I don't know about my guitars, that would be great!

The first is a Kay vanguard (which spud called as a later model) that appears like it was bottom of the line, fixed bridge, and only one pickup. This pretty little guitar was hanging on the wall of a guitar center, with a recently marked down price from $400, to $150, and after hearing it plugged in, I had to have it.
here are some pictures:

Headstock

Neck (note the unique inlays, i love that!)Image

Body

The next is a Hondo II LP knockoff, which I know hardly anything about, I didn't even realize it was an old guitar until I talked to a guy the other day. I replaced the pickups with pickups from an Epiphone Les Paul Classic quilt top (which is discontinued), and it sounds alot warmer and clearer (and my brother says 'crunchier', whatever he means by that). Not as good for grunge as it was before (it distorted somewhat better before), but that's fine by me. I have the old pickups still, I want to put them in another project I'm working on, but it it affects the value, I can put 'em back. I bought this off of the rug at a swap meet for $25, and the pickups were $25, so I'm hoping it is worth more than that, haha!
here are the pictures:

Headstock

Body

Whole

Last guitar is a harmony h-804 (or so it say on it, but I can't find any info about this guitar specifically.) It has two single coils, no switches, only one volume and tone knob, and did I forget to mention that it's missing a tuning peg and it's bridge... Yeah both gone, need replaced. I've seen bridges on ebay that would work for 20 bucks, and I haven't looked for tuning pegs, but that shouldn't be too hard to find (or fabricate if need be). There is ABSOLUTELY NO FRETWARE. I think it wasn't ever used or something strange. but there is a tiny bit of rust on most of it's metal pieces (only the higher frets), but that should come right off. The electronics work just fine, but I don't know how it sounds really. I'm thinking about putting a couple DeArmond pickups (or just regular p-90s) like from my kay in it, and giving it a switch and some more knobs (so I'll be replacing the electronics basically) but if the guitar just isn't worth it, then it isn't worth it,but even though it seems to me like it's a really cheap low quality guitar, I figured for $15, I need to spend the time inside of guitars anyway (trying to learn how to build & repair them.)
here are those pictures:

Headstock

Body

Electronics

any help would be appreciated, thank you very much for looking!
Not Steve

by Michael Ambrose » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:32 am

Michael Ambrose

by cheepaxes » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:09 am

cheepaxes

by Not Steve » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:09 pm

Not Steve

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts