[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Two Victorias.

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Two Victorias.

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Not Steve » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:51 pm

Not Steve

by VintAxe » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:05 pm

Hey Not Steve.

I've found that the reasonableness of an offer really depends on what the seller expects. If your dealer has the guitar priced at $125 and you offer $50 he's more likely to be insulted than if he has the guitar priced at $85.

Given the condition of the guitar with the bad pup, I think $50 would be reasonable. The ironic thing is that these guitars are frequently worth more parted out than whole.

There is a guy looking for a Victoria guitar on another thread. You may want to contact him to see if you can do a quick flip of the "new in box" style guitar with him and essentially pay for your other project guitar.

Here's a link to the thread. A PM never hurts to find out what he's after.

VintAxe
Site Admin

by Not Steve » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:12 pm

Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't very clear. I didn't actually buy either of the ones that were on ebay, I was just using those for reference, to show the guitar models of the ones i am considering buying. Thank you very much for your help!
Not Steve

by VintAxe » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:20 pm

Yeah, I realized that. I was just letting you know the guitar that interested the other poster was the in the style of the "new in box" guitar.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Not Steve » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:01 pm

Oh, thanks! I might be able to do something with that. I'll have to see what he's selling it for, and fix it, but I'll contact him if I end up buying it, thanks!
Not Steve

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts