[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Value of aria pro 2 PE model

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Value of aria pro 2 PE model

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Steg » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:05 pm

Hello Can anyone please help me with valuing my guitar, it is a solid body les paul natural wood finish, it is from the late 70's early 80's and looks very much like the re-issue PE model, except without the heel less neck. I can send a piccy should anyone think they can help,

Rock on

Ste
Steg

by VintAxe » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:07 pm

Hey Steg.

I think we need a little more help here. There are over 20 Aria Pro II PE models out there. Prices vary considerably. Can you offer any more information?

sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Steg » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:38 pm

Hey SB Thanks dude,

I can send you some pics if you give me an email address,

The Aria is a natural wood finish and is exactly the same as the new re-issue PE1500i, except it isnt heel less, it has a brass neck securing bracket, apart from that the exact same, but lighter wood

It has a serial number that starts 84 which I believe doesn't necessarily mean 1984, could be 1974?

I have owned it since about 1992 and I got it from a friend who bought it second hand slightly before 84 so it cant be a 1984 model.

Andy Summers plays a similar guitar on the Police's cant stand losing you on the Old Grey Whistle Test.

Rock On

Steg
Steg

by VintAxe » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:26 pm

Hey Steg.

I think we are going to need some pictures to move forward on this one unless you are pretty sure you have a PE 1500. Send your pixs to steve@vintaxe.com and I'll add them to your post for you.

Aria in the late 70's - early 80's used the PE prefix on virtually every solidbody electric they produced. It stood for "Professional Electric".

Most likely, your serial number indicates a 1978 model. During this time Aria used either a single digit year number like Yxxx or a double digit year number like YYxxx. Given you can eliminate 1984 as a possibility, the 8 probably stands for 1978.

I think with a picture we can probably figure out what model you have and then work out a value from there.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by VintAxe » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:53 pm

I got a chance to check out the video and Andy is playing the Aria Pro II PE - 1500 Masterpiece Prototype from around 1977. I have a really nice brochure discussing the features of the guitar here:

Here's the video if anyone is interested in taking a look:

Not sure about the value, but they are known as Aria's first original design and were built to professional standards. The Blue book only lists prices for the reissues:
VintAxe
Site Admin

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts