[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Please help me identify my electric 12 string Lyle guitar

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Please help me identify my electric 12 string Lyle guitar

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by enero » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:44 pm

Hi, new here. I was hoping you kind folks could help me identify my electric hollow body 12 string Lyle. I bought it on ebay about 7 years ago. There is no model info anywhere on the guitar, including the label! Its just blanks! No serial number or model number.

Times are tough and I wanted to post it up for sale. Wasnt sure how much it was worth.

Here are some pics of it:

Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
enero

by Spud1950 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:40 pm

Your guitar is actually an Aria Diamond,made at the Matsumoku factory and branded as a Lyle. Lyle was only a distributor and didn't actually make anything. I can't find what the Lyle model designation would be, but as far as Aria, I'm pretty sure it's either a 1212 or 1213, both being made 1967-1968. I'm not sure,since there's no pictures from the source I got this info from,but I'm guessing the main difference is that one has the rounded horns like yours, and the other has pointy horns,like the Aria Diamond in this picture. Unfortunately, there was no info as to exactly which of the two model numbers it is. You can see the same headstock shape,pickups, position dots on the neck and bridge. Probably also had the same shaped pickguard at one time.

Can't say what the value might be. This six string version,branded as a Conrad, recently sold on eBay for $247.50.

Spud1950

by enero » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:10 pm

enero

by Bassassin » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:23 pm

The has a sub-board which includes Lyle - you'll probably find some info, as well as other Lyle owners there.

Jon.
Remembering of all that is past
I see everything before me at last...
Bassassin

by Spud1950 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:48 pm

Spud1950

by jeng3000 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:14 pm

$300 sounds about right. I've seen a surge of Lyle guitars lately on Craigslist and eBay.

Blue Book maxes out the low end models of Lyle guitars around $225, while the higher end models max out around $400.

By maxing out, I mean it usually includes a case, and the guitar has a 95% condition. No major gouges or scrapes, original accoutrements, etc.

Of course, then there's the eBay factor where things can multiply about 50% if you take really good photos and generate a buzz. ;)

Good condition are roughly half the top price.
--Jeff Engel
jeng3000

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts