[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Help me identify my guitar plz!

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Help me identify my guitar plz!

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by thebuzzard1026 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:06 pm

Last edited by thebuzzard1026 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thebuzzard1026

by Spud1950 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:35 pm

How to post pictures.

Spud1950

by thebuzzard1026 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:50 pm

I did exactly what it said to do but the pictures dont show up.
thebuzzard1026

by Spud1950 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:39 am

I don't know why it didn't work.Your links look correct.I got them posted. I used your http addresses and the "Img" button on the reply page. My links look exactly like yours.

Anyway, it's some Teisco/Kawai model, made in Japan, 1960s. Not much value, maybe around $130 - $150 (?).
Spud1950

by thebuzzard1026 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:38 am

Really? I was told it might be worth something. That sux. Thank You for helping me tho.
thebuzzard1026

by jeng3000 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:43 pm

I agree that it's probably Teisco made, however it might be worth more than $150 especially since you have the original case and everything.

A lot of Teisco type guitars are cheap, but some excel on price such as the Spectrum V and others. People are starting to realize that these Japanese guitars were often way more durable and built better than the often very flimsy and crude craftsmanship of the Silvertones and Harmony guitars. I have many old Silvertones which I would be afraid of playing on stage because they are so fragile. Meanwhile my Japanese Lafayette Jazzmaster copy could be used as a weapon to kill someone if necessary.

Anyway... so yeah, Teisco probably. However... headstock doesn't look like the typical Teisco headstock, so it might be one of the retail brands that sold Teisco built guitars. Or maybe even a Guyatone built guitars. Either way, look at Kimberly, Kent, and maybe even Domino brands.
--Jeff Engel
jeng3000

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts