[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - 1975 Custom L-5 with scratch

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

1975 Custom L-5 with scratch

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by shnootre » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:22 am

Hi,

I hope my 1975 Gibson L-5 can somewhat be considered vintage. I know it's cutting it close. This is dark sunburst model, L-5 custom. The electronics need to be touched up (the panel is somewhat loose, and the dials have come off) and there is one significant and deep scratch on the body. It's about three inches long, and an eighth or a sixteenth of an inch deep. Apart from the scratch, the body is in excellent condition. Assuming I get the electronics brought up to ship shape (and assuming that scratch is irreperable), what might this guitar be worth? I ask because I am interested in selling it.
shnootre

by VintAxe » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:37 pm

Hi shnootre,

In very good to excellent condition with case we are probably in the $5,000 range (plus or minus $500). A serious scratch will certainly depreciate that value but I'll leave it to you or your buyer to figure out how much. Good luck, sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

L5

by evilLordJuju » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:00 pm

come on then lets see it!
|
evilLordJuju

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts