[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - What's my vintage baby worth?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

What's my vintage baby worth?

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

Are Penguins more closely related to Monkeys, or Sugar gliders???

Monkeys
No votes
Sugar Gliders
No votes

Total votes : 0

by Cyxsyvulf » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:38 am

K, so I've got an El Degas electric, similar in style to a Strat, but with a few major variations, and have no clue how much she's worth. She's my baby, even though she's almost 3 time's my age. She's apparently really rare, seeing as I have searched for hours on hundreds of sites, looking through thousands of pictures, and have not found a single picture even resembling her. The only El Degas's I've found have been Gibson copy styles. She's got 2 single coils and a hummbucker, 5 way switch, Fixed bridge Floyd Rose licensed tremolo, double cut out body, mother of pearl inlay on the fretboard and headstock, stainless low gauge frets, 22 frets, all accessible, and mahogany fretwood. She's got really low action, and is a dream to play. She's got a neck-through-body heel construction. The headstock is the biggest variation from the fender blueprint, being closest to the Jackson pointed style 6 in-line, but the base of it is closer to the Ibanez pointed style... She's a pretty vanilla cream colour, and she's all origional. Not even a paint job since the day she was bought (well, minus strings... duh... ^_^). I don't know model names and are no serial numbers, so i couldn't even tell you that. I only acquired her recently (this summer), and have really enjoyed her so far. The previous owner sold it to me via Kijiji. It was his grandfather's, and inherited it when he passed away a few years ago. He sold it because he had recently graduated to a pair of brand new Gibson custom's, and didn't have need for her anymore. He said his grandfather bought her in the states, some time in the late 60's to early 70's. I got her, along with a small practice amp (good condition), a fully padded gig bag, strap, patch cable, tuning key, tuner, and capo for about $150 Canadian. He knew it was worth more then that, but needed the space in his practice room, didn't need her, and felt sympathetic towards a budding artist lacking cash... I've asked knowledgeable people about how much she's actually worth, and I've gotten answers between a "not to much, except for the electronics", to a "oh, I'd say some were in the neighborhood of 6-7 thousand, easy." I have no clue. I am not planning on selling her anytime soon, but i do want to know what she's worth... I don't have any pictures yet, but I'll try to get some soon. Any help would be muchly apprectiated.
Tx ^_^
Cyxs
Cyxsyvulf

by Spud1950 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:24 pm

There's actually an El Degas forum where you can probably get accurate info.

Of course,I would think pictures would be essential.
Last edited by Spud1950 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spud1950

by cheepaxes » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:07 am

cheepaxes

by Bassassin » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:21 pm

Please post some pics. From your description - H/S/S layout, 5-way selector, pointy headstock, Floyd trem, through-neck build etc - there doesn't exist the remotest possibility that we're talking about a 60s/early 70s guitar here. It's an 80s or later SuperStrat.

Someone's been telling you porkies. :roll:

Jon.
Remembering of all that is past
I see everything before me at last...
Bassassin

by Cyxsyvulf » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:07 pm

Cyxsyvulf

by Spud1950 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:06 pm

Late 60s,early 70s? No way.Typical 80s shredder style guitar. Looks just like all the other modestly priced Asian made Ibanez clones.Can't find that model anywhere,but I found some of their Fender and Gibson copies that are priced from $150- $200. $6000-$7000 is ridiculous. Did you ever post about this guitar on the El Degas forum I gave the link for?
Spud1950

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts