[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - 1962-1967 Kay Jazz II, Value?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

1962-1967 Kay Jazz II, Value?

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by lonepariah » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:04 pm

Hi, maybe someone can help me. I am trying to find the value of an all original Kay Jazz II. I know it is a 1962 or newer (probably between 62 and 67) because it does not have the kelvenator or half kelvenator headstock. It is hard to pinpoint a price because I have only seen one like it for sale; it was a 66 and went for around $750 in November of 2009. Any help will be appreciated

Also, I have checked the vintage guitar blue book and it only has pre 60's Kay's.

Thanks,

Chris
lonepariah

by Spud1950 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:23 pm

That's a really nice guitar. One of Kay's top of the line builds. I can only find two on line with prices attached to them. I assume this the one you saw.

Here's another one.Asking price is a bit more,$795.

I guess that's all you can go by. Compare the condition of yours to these and judge accordingly. Of coarse you can ask whatever you want, but the only true value is what someone is willing to pay for it.
Spud1950

by lonepariah » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:40 pm

Thanks! Yeah, I saw the one from craigslist vintage hunt, but I had not seen the other. The guy is asking $550 but is willing to negotiate. I would love to be able to have and play the guitar for a while, but I am really buying it as an investment. Hypothetically, would you pay $750 if you were in the market for one?
lonepariah

by Spud1950 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:33 pm

Well, if it's in the same really nice condition I'd say $550 is a real good price. If you can negociate it down lower, all the better. If I were specifcally looking for one, I think $750 would be an OK price if I really had to have it. I've seen similar Harmony models sell for around the same price and more.
Spud1950

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts