[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - aria pro 2 pe1000 gc

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

aria pro 2 pe1000 gc

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by nick carter » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:58 pm

hi this is my first time on this forum, can anyone help me , i own two aria pe 1000 gc guitars one of which i bought new back in 1982, the other i purchased about 1988 , they are matsumoku made serial n.o s = 005002 & 005017. i have fitted kayler trems to both gats , i love these guitars and would never sell them , though i have no idear on how much they are worth ......
p.s i have found a price on a new reissued pe 1000 gc but i dont think it is of the high standards of the original matsumoku made gats as my girls.

cheers nick
nick carter

by VintAxe » Sat May 01, 2010 8:56 pm

Hi Nick.

The only PE 1000s listed in my Price Guide are from the early 1990's. They are suggesting 800 USD for Mint, 750 USD for Excellent + etc.

A better guide might be this late 1970's PE 1000 currently selling on eBay. Once the auction ends you'll probably have a better ballpark figure of what your guitars are worth.

VintAxe
Site Admin

by nick carter » Sun May 02, 2010 3:04 am

the pe 1000 gc is listed as a prototype , it was built for gerry cott from the band the boom town rats (note the g c in the model n.o), date of manufacture was 1981 to 1982 , it comes with an on board pre amp switch & volume -6 way phase tone switch - coil splitting & coil phase switches - dimarzio dual sound pickups & a solid maple body in a metalic blue finish only. so they have quite a bit more hard wear than all the other pe models made
nick carter

by VintAxe » Sun May 02, 2010 9:59 am

Yeah, I realize the model in the auction doesn't match yours Nick. The problem is that you are unlikely to find a price attached to the exact model you own. Since you are not interested in actually selling your guitars, I figured the auction might give you a starting point for establishing value. :wink:
VintAxe
Site Admin

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts