[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Lyle 1280-L guitar how much is this model worth?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Lyle 1280-L guitar how much is this model worth?

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by heather07 » Mon May 31, 2010 10:13 pm

I own a Lyle 1280 guitar. It was passed down to me from my grandpa and I'm curious how much it's worth.

Thanks
Heather
heather07

by cheepaxes » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:28 pm

Can you post a picture?

-Scott
cheepaxes

by VintAxe » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:34 pm

Hey Scott.

heather was conscientious enough to subscribe to the catalogs to ID her new guitar so I'm happy to post a picture on her behalf. The 1280 was the top of the line Lyle Western model in 1970. As we have discussed before, the Lyle models were basically Arias built by Matsumoku in Japan and imported by the Beaverton, Oregon distributor of L.D. Heater Music Company.

As also discussed previously, these Japanese import acoustics came across the pacific by the ton. I've no doubt it's a fine starter acoustic, the problem is Yamaha, Suzuki, etc. all made fine starter instruments in the 70's.

So heather, you have acquired a perfectly serviceable acoustic guitar, the problem is a bazillion comparable models still survive so your guitar is not highly sought after by collectors. If you want to play guitar, you have a great starter instrument. If you want to make a lot of money selling a guitar you are out of luck. I haven't found any comparable Lyle/Aria models so far but my best guess is that your guitar would be valued between $125-$225 depending on condition. Don't despair, I still own my first Yamaha acoustic which has visited many a lakesite-campsite and is probably still worth about what I paid for it in 1972. Bet you can't say that about your first I-Pod.

Here's a pix Scott, hopefully you can add to my observations:

VintAxe
Site Admin

by heather07 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:36 pm

Thank you very much! I plan on keeping the guitar since it was my grandpa's I just wanted too know what I had. My boyfriend likes to play it so it's being used still which is great!

Heather
heather07

by cheepaxes » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:24 pm

I can't add a thing Steve. I think your response pretty thoroughly covers it. :)

-Scott
cheepaxes

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts