[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Please help me put a value on this guitar.

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Please help me put a value on this guitar.

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by granada20 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:18 pm

granada20

by granada20 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:29 pm

forgot the picture of the entire guitar. also If any one can date it?
http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx25 ... uitar1.jpg
granada20

by VintAxe » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:44 pm

Hi granada20.

The only thing I can make out on your label is that the guitar was built by a Ferrer. This is a very distinguished family of guitar builders in Granada going back at least 4 generations. I'm not sure which family member built your guitar since "A" is the only letter on the label. Your guitar appears old so I'm not sure who the A is referring to. At any rate, this could be a valued instrument

I suggest you get in touch with a classical guitar dealer, they can probably easily identify your guitar and give you a value estimate.

I've never corresponded with this dealer, but they appear to be well versed in Spanish instruments. They also have a "sell your guitar" button on the left side menu on their site. See if they will reply to an email.

Here is a short bio on Eduardo Ferrer, a contemporary family member:

Jedistar also has a little information on the old man Eduardo on his site, just scroll down:
VintAxe
Site Admin

by granada20 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:13 pm

Thanx for the link. I'll send an email with a link here so he can look at the pics and vid. I'll post my adventure here were ever it leads me.
So far I'm thinking the "a" word could be cassa or raya Not sure.
One thing I know for sure is the sound of this guitar is unlike any I have ever heard.
granada20

by granada20 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:33 pm

Thanx again for the link to that site. I emailed him and got a reply.
Copy and paste from the email:
This is guitar from the Casa Ferrer, during the epoch that Eduardo Ferrer Castillo was head of the shop.
It is, however, not a guitar he made personally. It is their cheapest model, and either made by one of his apprentices, or
more likely bought from a factory in Valencia, and merely sold to in their shop. It is probably from the 1930s, but
can't be really certain. Value wise: $200-$350. Do not put steel strings on this guitar.

Regards,

James
Great forum, thank you again.
granada20

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts