[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Uncle's guitars a few more pics...

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Uncle's guitars a few more pics...

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by dbikers » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:34 am

Hello All,
Am new to this forum (but not new to forums in general).
I am an avid picker (guitar, banjo, mandolin) and have found that my uncle has several guitars that he is trying to sell (he's old and he doesn't need them anymore). He took these (as well as a vintage epiphone acoustic) to a dealer and was offered $3k for the collection. He promptly took his axes home.
He doesn't have a computer so i thought i'd post this question in this "what's it worth" forum and see what type of response it brings.
First up his Carvin solid...
Image Image Image Image

Then his zephyr (i remember him always playing this one)..
Image Image Image

Martin F50
Image Image Image

Martin GT75
Image Image Image Image

His Rickenbacker
Image Image Image
a few more pics of the rickenbacker...
Image Image Image

and for the heck of it a few pic of his old epi troubadour (obviously not traveled looking at the chipboard case, lol)...
Image Image Image

Guys, i'm just looking for some info and trying to help my uncle out. Any info is appreciated.
THanks in advance

John
Last edited by dbikers on Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
dbikers

by johnnyb » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:52 am

yeah he was lowballin' ya. the martin f-50 is around $1500 alone. vintaxe will have some more #s for you. good thing you didnt sell. great collection.
john
johnnyb

by dbikers » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:13 pm

dbikers

by Spud1950 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:02 pm

Lowballing is too kind.He was trying to rip your uncle off.Found some price info on the Martins.Pretty rare,only made for a very short time.

This GT-75 sold for $1800.00

This one has an asking price of $2495.00

Average them out and you get $2147.50

This F-50 sold for $2200.00.

This one has an asking price of $1800.00,so you get an average of $2000.00 between the two.

The Carvin is real interesting and rather historic,a very early Carvin.I can't find any for sale.It's a model #3-SGB,first made in 1956 discontinued by 1961. Here's the original Carvin catalog page.

This one sold,but doesn't say at what price. Good general info on it.

The Rickenbacker is a model 335 Jetglo, basically a model 330 with the vibrato. Can you find the serial number on it and post it? That will help date it which will influence the value,but in general 1960s Rickenbacker 330 Jetglo asking prices are around $3600-$3900. Still looking for info on the Zephyr.There were a few different models of it and I haven't yet been able to determine exactly which one that is.

Edit- OK. E311TN is the Zephyr model number,not the serial number.Can't find a price for that model,but here's some general info.

Interesting thing about your uncle's is that it has the optional DeArmond pickups that were offered in 1953. I blew up your picture to make sure, and those are definitely DeArmonds. I would imagine that would make it more collectible the usual Epiphone pickup equipped version.

Spud1950

by dbikers » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:53 am

thanks Spud.
i did do a bit more research on the martins but didn't find much. your post with the links to sold items is very helpful.

i found nothing on the carvin (you are very good at teh intrawebs) so your link again was great (i thought maybe a "custom" or a guitar kit).

the ricky my dad told me there is a number on the jack (i thnk he said it was GG3207)....it is a darn nice unit

the zephyr i found this and almost fell over. not sure if it's comparable or not (same model number) but it's asking price is $6500
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... s%3Disch:1
...perhap unrealistic but would guess it to be in the same ballpark as the ricky

i think the troubadour is a mij unit probably worth a few hundred $$

thanks again and input welcome...

John
Last edited by dbikers on Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dbikers

by johnnyb » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:45 am

i was looking at the zephyrs too yesterday. i couldnt find one like yours, but they were all pretty pricy. the lowest was around $2000. that one you found is a match, i hope those numbers are accurate. once again, nice set.
johnnyb

by Spud1950 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:01 pm

The letters in the Rickenbacker serial number indicate the date.First G is the year, 1967,second G is the month,July. The Zephyr you linked to appears to me to be the same model, a bit different as to the knobs and fret board inlays,and yours has the optional DeArmond pickups,but it's not unusual that some changes would be made over the years the guitar was produced. If you really want to get expert valuation on the guitars, I would suggest you get on line documented appraisals from recognized vintage expert George Gruhn. It'll cost $50 for each appraisal,but it's well worth it considering the overall value of the collection. Click on "Appraisal" in the menu for details.

Spud1950

by apossibleworld » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:50 am

Wow, cool stuff. I tried to PM you but I'm not sure if it went through. I'm really interested in several of these. Would you please write to me?

apossibleworld (at) gmail (dot) com

also - I just realized that this is my first post on this forum. I've been reading it for a long time. Will do a proper intro soon, with some fun things.
apossibleworld

by dbikers » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:33 am

dbikers

by Spud1950 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:20 pm

Spud1950

by dbikers » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:19 pm

dbikers

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts