The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Heit Deluxe and Aria "Custom" Les Paul Copy

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by settleforwes » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:45 pm

I picked both of these up as project guitars. Both need new wiring and pickups and probably new hardware for most of the metal and plastic parts. Just wondering if anyone can identify these models as well as how much it might be worth 'as is' and how much it would be worth if they were rebuilt.

settleforwes

by VintAxe » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:17 am

Hey settleforwes.

From your pictures I don't see much wrong with your guitars, the hardware looks fine to me.

In my experience it isn't cost effective to replace a lot of parts on these relatively inexpensive guitars. It turns out that most cheap guitars are worth more in parts than as intact instruments. It doesn't take long to spend more money on parts than what the guitar is worth.

I suggest you fix the wiring and call it good.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Mgeek » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:11 am

Not sure about the Aria, but the Heit Deluxe is definitely not worth putting any effort into.

They were super cheap at the time, and you can still get clean ones for $50 or so- less for one with non original parts...
Mgeek

by Michael Ambrose » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:23 am

Awww, c'mon Mgeek... give Heit a chance... hahaha

I've got a real soft spot for this model Heit... the first weirdo Japanese guitars I ever worked on were a pair of Heits and a Tulip. They ALWAYS turned heads. Looks to me like all it would need is a rewiring... maybe, if you wanted to spend the five bucks, a few pair of pots and an insert.

But yeah... not really worth much.
Michael Ambrose

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts